Getting Discouraged...

lovelymissyoli

Lately I’ve been getting discouraged because I don’t know if my hair is going to grow without braids. I’ve become so reliant on braids and my hair has grown longer, fuller, and thicker since I’ve kept them in, but at the same time I have lost some hair around my hairline because of way too tiny parts. Anyways, my hair is currently the length that I had in 5th grade before a scissor happy stylist butchered it to my ears.

I’m getting discouraged because I believe this is the point where my hair will stop at and won’t grow any further. I’m going to continue to take care of my hair and prove myself wrong but sometimes I feel like I’m not going to get anywhere. Don’t get me wrong, I’m enjoying playing in my hair and experimenting with different products and styles to see what is right for me but I feel that this is the length that I’m going to have to style for a long time

Sorry I just wanted to vent. Did any of you ladies have doubts about your hair while trying to achieve long, healthy hair? Have you proved yourself wrong by growing past your hair expectations? I think I need a hair role model
!

AJamericanDiva

Cheer up, Girl! Give your hair a chance.
I think that as long as you give your hair some TLC, it'll grow. I am currently sporting braids due to the fact that my hair is shedding like crazy. If anyone's discouraged, it's me! Nonetheless, I know my hair is still growing. If you look in my album, my current length is the longest length that I've ever been. I've learned so much about haircare through the hair boards. You'll reach your goal! Stay positive!!!

Hadiyah

If at first you don't succeed...dust yourself off and try again! As long as you are living your hair will grow. Just be patient and give your hair TLC. Less is more so just try to get a regimine and stick to it with all the help, support, and tips on this board you can succeed. Nothing beats a failure but a try.....

flyjump00

Hang tight! Your hair will continue to thrive. Just keep taking extra good care of it the way you have been. Give that extra TLC like Hadiyah said. And don't worry about it so much. More length & fullness will continue in time.
Hang in there and SMILE!

Carlie

lovelymissyoli,

Your hair WILL continue to grow longer and IS still growing right now!!!
This is a new day and time and you are equipped with two things now that you didn't have then...

a whole bunch of hair knowlege . . . (Yes, LHCF girls are the Einsteins of hair!)

. . . and a group of hair sisters that got yo' back!!!

Leslie_C

lol Carlie, there u go again....hey how come I couldnt get the smilies to work for me? I installed it but it wont give me the html codes or let me put it in this application.

Leslie_C

Everyone above is SO right! I never even thought my hair would grow to my shoulders bc Its never been longer than broken off and some parts to my neck in my adult life.

Im kinda feeling at that point too as Im reaching for armpit as a minigoal...but Im just trying to continue the good habits Ive formed and stay positive. It HAS to grow, its just important to make sure the length is retained. Yeah we would all like bra strap hair yesterday but it takes time and patience...stressing definitely wont help! keep your chin up over there!

Jenai

What about keeping a online photo album of your hair growth? That way, whenever you get discouraged, you can look at old photos and say, "well my hair may not be drasticly longer since my last pic, but it definitely looks thicker, shiner, healthier, etc."