Good Progress?

LadyRaider

Just wanting some feedback from the crowd here. :grin: I started my HHJ in Feb. of 2009. I could fill the astrodome with how much I didn't know about my hair. Anyway I've been sitting here drooling over pictures of others' progress and poo-pooing my own.

I found this picture (sorry web cam... so blurry) from early March of 2009. I didn't remember that I'd gotten my hair practically buzzed at the back in late December of 2008.

So maybe I have made a little progress, even though it's not as outstanding as others here. But for the longest time I couldn't put my hair in buns or even french braids. I have not mastered weaves, wigs and braids yet, and probably won't soon.

It's a shame that you actually have to have hair to wear protective styles!

Anyway... what do you think? I guess length isn't the only measure of success.

Attachments

• 3-8.jpg
    3-8.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 26
You have definitely made progress! Keep up the good work, it looks a lot healthier, and there has most certainly been some growth :)

Thanks so much for your input! It is just fuel for the engine to keep going! I especially appreciate the sentiment that my hair looks healthier. That's a big deal to me.

"Astrodome"....lol...hadn't heard that in HOT minute...

You have made some great progress...nice thickness...

Just wanting some feedback from the crowd here. :grin: I started my HHJ in Feb. of 2009. I could fill the astrodome with how much I didn't know about my hair. Anyway I've been sitting here drooling over pictures of others' progress and poo-pooing my own.

I found this picture (sorry web cam... so blurry) from early March of 2009. I didn't remember that I'd gotten my hair practically buzzed at the back in late December of 2008.

So maybe I have made a little progress, even though it's not as outstanding as others here. But for the longest time I couldn't put my hair in buns or even french braids. I have not mastered weaves, wigs and braids yet, and probably won't soon.

that is some serious growth. you can definitely see the difference

Wonderful progress! Oh, and FYI you can wear protective styles with shorter hair. If you have enough hair between your fingers to pinch, you can get braid extentions (preferably with human hair), or wear wigs. Rollersetting with small "Jerricurl" rollers is also possible with hair 1inch or shorter. A protective style is any sytle that protects most of the hair from the elements and / or articles of clothing :yep: HTH

Honey, any progress is Outstanding progress, Yours is just as relevant as Any, and by far You have made Great progress, keep up the Good work! :yep:

That's why pictures are a must! When your lying eyes say you haven't achieved any growth, your pictures say, "oh yes you have!."

You've achieved thickness and length. Keep doing what you're doing!

Your hair looks thicker and longer so you have had some excellent progress, just keep doing what you're doing and in time the rest will follow, we all had to start somewhere so don't be so hard on yourself

Back