6 Month Progress Pics!!

soon2bsl

6 Month Progress Pics!! Did I make APL?

Hello ladies! So my HHJ began on June 6th, 2009. I got my last relaxer and ends trimmed on June 22. So here I am 6 months later, after consistant healthy hair care and protective styling. I have you ladies to thank for all the progress I've made so far!

I'm transitioning to natural and haven't used heat at all these past 6 months. The first two photos are my starting pics (a couple weeks into my hhj) after my relaxer, flat iron and trim in June, and the rest of the pics are of my air dried hair that were taken today. In one my husband's pulling it some to show length since I didn't straighten. Thanks again ladies!!

Oh by the way, my first goal was APL by Dec 09...did I make it??

Attachments

• 2 - Copy.jpg
    2 - Copy.jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 222
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 200
  • 263.jpg
    263.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 245
  • 266.jpg
    266.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 198
  • 259.jpg
    259.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 216
Last edited:

topnotch1010

Real Housewife of Houston
Very nice!!! I can't tell if you're APL or not because I'm on my phone so the pics are tiny but you hair is very beautiful. Great job!!

Ms_CoCo37

Congrats on making it to APL! your hair looks extremely healthy! Keep it up and you'll be at BSL in no time. :)

soon2bsl

Great progress, and good job with the airdrying, it looks good.

Thanks Neek-a-Nator! Before this board I would usually flat iron weekly. But now I've found different ways to style my hair that don't require heat. I love air drying my hair now. :)

soon2bsl

Congrats on making it to APL! your hair looks extremely healthy! Keep it up and you'll be at BSL in no time. :)

Thanks Ms_CoCo37! Your hair is beautiful!! Love it both curly and straight. My next goal is BSL by next June, which would be 1 year on my HHJ.

soon2bsl

Your hair grows fast! Awesome progress! :congrats:

Thanks Jazala!

And to think the reason I’ve been stuck at SL all these years wasn’t because my hair couldn’t grow it’s because I wasn’t retaining length due to not properly caring for my hair like I do now. This is the longest my hair has ever been other than I was briefly about APL right after having my first child. It broke off soon after from weekly blow drying, flat ironing, my hair constantly brushing against my clothes and never protective styling.

Last edited: