6 Month Progress Pics!!

I Am So Blessed

I'm easy going.
Thanks Jazala!

And to think the reason I’ve been stuck at SL all these years wasn’t because my hair couldn’t grow it’s because I wasn’t retaining length due to not properly caring for my hair like I do now. This is the longest my hair has ever been other than I was briefly about APL right after having my first child. It broke off soon after from weekly blow drying, flat ironing, my hair constantly brushing against my clothes and never protective styling.

:yep::yep::yep:looks like you know what to dooooo!

kadej

Nice progress, congrats! Please share your air drying technique/regimen bc your airdried hair looks great! TIA! ;)

GoingNatural

The tip is APL, but i don't think you've truly reached APL yet. I'm not saying you have to wait until full APL but you may want to wait until it looks APL when your hair is combed normally and not to a point.

You want to claim APL at the correct time otherwise your journey to BSL will seem never ending!

Great growing though. I stayed away from heat for about 2 years and was able to retain every inch of hair which i see you've done over the past 6 months. congrats!

MissNina

Libra Girl
The tip is APL, but i don't think you've truly reached APL yet. I'm not saying you have to wait until full APL but you may want to wait until it looks APL when your hair is combed normally and not to a point.

You want to claim APL at the correct time otherwise your journey to BSL will seem never ending!

Great growing though. I stayed away from heat for about 2 years and was able to retain every inch of hair which i see you've done over the past 6 months. congrats!

ITA. . .you definitely wanna judge it accurately or you'll drive yourself crazy!

Congrats on your journey! Keep it up and you'll definitely reach all your goals :)

soon2bsl

:)
Nice progress, congrats! Please share your air drying technique/regimen bc your airdried hair looks great! TIA! ;)

Thanks kadej! My air drying technique is really simple. After I shampoo and DC (or just DC) and detangle with my shower comb, I use NTM with a little coconut oil and run it through my hair (I also use this to moisturize and seal my ends during this). I like to use a dab of castor oil on my edges.

I part my hair in the down the middle just in the front and use my boars bristle brush mainly on my new growth to smooth my hair into a bun (with no ponytail holder). Then I just tie my satin scarf on afterward, and by morning it's usually dry. HTH! :)

Last edited: