Got a Touch-Up on Friday...

northernbelle

however, it was not performed by my regular JC Penney stylist. She, unfortunately, is out on medical leave, and I was not really happy to have to be turned over to another stylist.

To my surprise, however, the new stylist is actually better: more in-tune, knowledgeable, etc. She asked me lots of questions about my hair, including the "weak spot" at the crown. She also noticed a bit of thinning at the edges (sad face). Overall, she said my hair is in good shape, save the areas noted previously.

The stylist gave me my usual relaxer. However, instead of doing a roller set, she used a Paul Mitchell product called "Super Skinny." She combed it through, and placed me under the hood dryer for about 20-30 minutes. Then she finished me with a blow dryer/comb attachment, and then flat-ironed it. Girl, my hair was looking GOOD!

Anyway, the stylist recommended that I try wrapping my hair at night, and she showed me how to do it. I actually had never been taught how to wrap properly, and so I have always been reticent to set my hair in this manner.

She also recommended a salon conditioning treatment. So, I am scheduled to return in two weeks.

I like her. Her name is Navlet.

By the way: my hair is just at the base of my neck. I think I am making forward progress.

northernbelle

sexycaramel03

Good for you Northernbelle! How much do they charge for a relaxer service at JCPenny's? I've thought about going there for my next relaxer but I want to know the price range first.

Allandra

Sounds like you had a great relaxer touch-up experience. What are you going to do when your 'regular' stylist returns to the salon?

lshevonne

Good for you. My stylist did my hair the same way. I'll have to ask what he put in my hair when I sat under the dryer.

GinnyP

Good for you North, it's a good feeling when you know a stylist is trying to help you and not do harm to your hair because of jealousy and greed. Stick with her, schedule your appt when your other stylist is off when she comes back. Ooh, that's cold(sorry) follow your gut!!

northernbelle

I have this thing about loyalty. However, my mother says that what occured with me is usually the case.

My gut tells me to continue with the new stylist. But, I feel guilty.

northernbelle

Isis

I understand that loyalty feeling but it's your hair. You want the best care for it and it's so rare to find such a great stylist like that. Perhaps you can tell your old stylist you really appreciated her work and techniques (thanking her for all she has done) and now, you would like to see how another stylist works with your hair for a while.

I've learned that when we go with our gut (intuition) we never go wrong.