Stylist wanted to cut my hair to a bob!

Lavendar

What r u - bsl? and she *needed* to cut it to a BOB??? wtf :perplexed I could see if all your length was straggly see-thru ends or something but it's so full!

I have the same question as the above poster - what exactly did she say when you told her she was on crack? :lachen:

:lachen::lachen::lachen:

Platinum

Maybe she wanted to use you as a practice dummy?:look: She probably doesn't get that many customers with your length and she couldn't resist the urge to want to cut it.:ohwell: Did she offer to give you a "hellified bad *** cut" and "your hair will grow back so fast":perplexed?That way she would have been able to brag about the cut she gave you.:nono: Girl, I'm glad your stood your ground.

caribgirl

:yay::band2::clapping::bdance::cup::bounceline:

You deserve all of the above b/c you did not get brainwashed and let that stylist chop off your hair!!!!!!!

You are a wonderful example for all of the ladies on here that let their stylist have their way after they have worked so hard to grow healthy long hair!!!!!!

So glad that this wasn't another sad story but a happy one!!!

Chromia

So after your hair was washed and deep conditioned, then all of a sudden she noticed "cuticle damage". Ha ha, she thought she had you cornered because you were sitting there with wet hair. She thought she had you trapped and she could sucker you into a cut. Good for you for leaving without a haircut.

RegaLady

It was very good you stood up for yourself! A plenty times, stylists send you down the wrong path, and before you know it, you are on your way home wondering why you let her do that to you! Very good job!:grin:
Ish, she can do a bob on me, I NEED:lachen: it!

Firstborn2

Stop frontin, you know me!
The arrogance of most of these stylist kill me, they walk around here playing hair gawd, scissor in hand ready to do damage and because most of us are uneducated about the hair game we sacrifice our hair to them. Being on this site as opened my eyes to alot of things too. I"m glad you had the courage to stand your ground. By the way your hair is beautiful!

HappyHairDreams

I hear you girl. I went and got my relaxer re-touch this past Saturday and was told my ends were "fragile" and needed 1 and a half inches trimmed off. There was nothing "fragile" about my ends. They not 100% even, but fragile and split up, they are not. I told her maybe next time but I am not letting her or any other stylist put scissors near my hair! And now thanks to Lady Esquire's self trimming thread, that I just discovered today, I will be the only one putting scissors to my hair!

Ooooo can you post the link?

DragonPearl

I am glad you stood your ground. :up: People who are jealous, greedy and scissor happy shouldn't get into the hair styling business. :nono:

SleepyJean

Wow...I've never had hair beyond SL, so I cannot relate to some of these SHSs. I have had to deal with these heffers(yeah I said it) wanting to basically leave a relaxer on my thick 4 a/b hair like it's a leave in conditioner. :rolleyes: When I get beyond SL, this will be another issue I have to deal with.