Greasy Straightened Hair

aloof one

So you take 3 hours out of your day to wash, condition, blowdry, and straighten your hair. Halfway into it you realize you forgot that less is more and you feel the back of your head is a little heavy and has too much product, whether its Biosilk or ORS or CHI Silk Infusion or whatever you used... You have to finish because youve already wasted so much time... so what do you do to make the greasy go away?

I dont want to use a towel, my hair isnt frizzy it just feels gross. I cant start over cause I have to go to sleep... I dont want to do it again tomorrow because its Thanksgiving... Am I screwed with ugly hair? I just got out of braids and everyones gonna think my hair is funky. :perplexed

Je Ne Sais Quoi

CRAP!! I HATE when that happens. hmmm, to be honest usually i just wash it again because i'm pretty anal about things likethis. I don't know how to get all the greasyness out :nono: Maybe you will need to just continue it, roll it up then do a nice loose updo?? Sorry i am not of much help.

Isis

It's been a while but I've been in that situation before with too much product before realiziing it. For an important event (like Thanksgiving), I just start over. I'd rather feel great with my hair looking its best rather than think about what could have been.

2Cute!

I totally agree with Isis. That happened to me last week. The strange thing was, I used minimal amount of product. I still cannot figure out what happened. After a couple of days, my hair just kind of soaked it (the product) up and it was fine.

aloof one

CRAP!! I HATE when that happens. hmmm, to be honest usually i just wash it again because i'm pretty anal about things likethis. I don't know how to get all the greasyness out :nono: Maybe you will need to just continue it, roll it up then do a nice loose updo?? Sorry i am not of much help.

Man i am anal about it now... but at the same time I have guests in the house and I would feel terrible waking folks up just because Im itching to wash my hair. I am not too old to get beat for something like that so I have to go to sleep. I guess I should try in the morning.:look:

Dont you just wish there was some kinda magical foam you could put in that would take all the grease out? I swear they need to invent this, I keep dreaming it actually exists... White folks put baby powder in their hair for this problem... but that only works for blondes, not to mention it just sounds gross.

aloof one

I totally agree with Isis. That happened to me last week. The strange thing was, I used minimal amount of product. I still cannot figure out what happened. After a couple of days, my hair just kind of soaked it (the product) up and it was fine.

Man I hope that happens to me!

aloof one

yea thats the purpose.. the only problem is if you have black or dark brown hair it looks like dandruff... well not all the time, i heard if you rub it in it isnt white anymore, but it clumps:ohwell:

so no baby powder for me...

STLCoverGirl

I have a gf who is white and uses dryer sheets on her hair to eliminate the static and flyaways. It's just a thought, but maybe if you grab a section and run a dryer sheet down the length of it, some of the oil can be soaked up.:ohwell:

hairmaster

Have you tried leting the hair you have not oiled absorb some of it? or use a boar bristle brush to distribut it, also the flat iron will take some it out.

♦K.O♦

I have a gf who is white and uses dryer sheets on her hair to eliminate the static and flyaways. It's just a thought, but maybe if you grab a section and run a dryer sheet down the length of it, some of the oil can be soaked up.:ohwell:

Dryer sheets definitely work for static! I used some Downy dryer sheets last week. I tried on a hat and and made my hair staticky. One swipe, and it was gone.

To the OP, I dont know what to tell you. Curl it and wear it in an updo.

Isis

I mentioned dryer sheets recently in another thread with a link (I think it was at Hairboutique.com). It's supposed to condition the hair also besides eliminating static. It might work to absorb oil...

kuwait

The exact same thing happened to me last week. I took about 5 paper towels wrapped them around sections of my hair, and squeezed until it soaked the grease product out of my hair. then syled as usual. try it, it worked for me.

Miss*Tress

Same here - by the next day or day after all the product is absorbed. If you must have your hair looking good for the same day and there's time, wash and style again.

schipperchow1

I hate the greasy straightened hair look too! My suggestions to alleviate it if you don't have time to start over, is to blot it with a paper towel or try a bit of corn starch instead of talc...perhaps, a bit of corn starch on the paper towel...try on hidden strands first to make sure you like the results...Good luck!

aloof one

Hey thanks kuwait and schipperchow!

I dont have cornstarch but I have papertowels. I rollerset my hair (well not exactly I only used like 7 rollers but w.e) and woke up and it was less greasy but still a little greasy in the back. I will use the paper towels since my hair looks A LOT better now that I slept and everything.

Surprisingly, I read something about someone spraying Garnier Fructis Hairspray on their roots after straightening... and I did it... and 7 months post my NG is still PERFECTLY straight... :yep:my kitchen even lasted through the night.
*I think the spray is what made my hair less greasy, because I put it all over too. That combined with the paper towels, I think I can expect a full recovery by tonignt...

The Sleek & Shine Ultra Hold spray if anyone is interested yall know Im crazy about ANYTHING in a green bottle.

Je Ne Sais Quoi

Hey thanks kuwait and schipperchow!

I dont have cornstarch but I have papertowels. I rollerset my hair (well not exactly I only used like 7 rollers but w.e) and woke up and it was less greasy but still a little greasy in the back. I will use the paper towels since my hair looks A LOT better now that I slept and everything.

Surprisingly, I read something about someone spraying Garnier Fructis Hairspray on their roots after straightening... and I did it... and 7 months post my NG is still PERFECTLY straight... :yep:my kitchen even lasted through the night.
*I think the spray is what made my hair less greasy, because I put it all over too. That combined with the paper towels, I think I can expect a full recovery by tonignt...

The Sleek & Shine Ultra Hold spray if anyone is interested yall know Im crazy about ANYTHING in a green bottle.

I was wondering how it turned out. Sounds like it is workable and you didn't have to do redo it! :yay:

aloof one

I was wondering how it turned out. Sounds like it is workable and you didn't have to do redo it! :yay:

Yea it was, thanks for asking! Im so glad I didn't have to do anything else. But I was itching to redo it so I am starting over today just for fun now