Soft and NON-GREASY hair - only a dream???

virtuenow

@virtuenow - I've tried the oil cleansing method for my skin before. I tried it last year for about a month inconsistently with castor oil and olive oil. I didn't see much difference with my skin, so I poured the remaining oil mixture on my hair one day to get rid of it! :rofl:

Oh, well you're just not a castor oil girl, huh! (although I find olive oil to be drying so I never added it to my mix)

Charla

Oh, well you're just not a castor oil girl, huh! (although I find olive oil to be drying so I never added it to my mix)

Olive oil also seems to dry out my hair and it leaves it feeling crispy.
I love OCM and have been doing it for about 1.5 months now solely. I use a blend of about 1:1:1 ratio of castor, evco and evoo. It's clearing and keeping clear my face of breakouts. Now I'm moisturizing with hemp seed oil afterwards and I think it's a keeper. I also just tried a new spf (moisturizer, but I'm using it solely for the spf benefits of it) It's this one by Aveeno. It has a spf of 30. I apply this after the hemp seed oil has absorbed in.

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
Yep, olive oil and extra virgin olive oil by itself makes my hair feel crispy and straw-like.

toufa

@toufa - maybe I need to try Jamaican Black Castor Oil instead of the castor oil that comes in the little bottle at Kroger. Does JBCO really help with thickening the hair? My hair has been shedding like crazy and looks like it's thinning. :(

I'm a total newbie, but I have read that castor oil/JBCO helps to thicken the hair. My edges are a bit thin so I'm trying the Tropic Isle Living JBCO to help with that. I've only been using it for a week; but I like the consistency of it and the way it feels on my scalp (as opposed to plain castor oil, which I don't like at all).

Mleah

I believe that non-greasy products are a myth. They should rephrase it as 'not as greasy'. If I run my hands through my hair and my palms are the slightest bit shiny then its greasy!! So, yeah, I think it's a dream....a nice one but a dream none the less.

fairyhairy

Because this is what LHCF should be about - informative and helpful bookmarked to be reread when I get a little bit lost