GRO-AUT hair care line

PanamasOwn

I dont know about ya'll...but um...im jumping on this right now....
http://cgi.ebay.com/GRO-AUT-Hair-Growth-Shampoo-8oz_W0QQitemZ320175230871QQcmdZViewItem

Ingredients
Our products contain a proprietary blend of natural herbs and essential oils combined to provide the basis for ultimate and quick healthy hair growth. Listed below is a list of the active ingredients used in our products. Each of our products contains at least three of the following active ingredients:
  • Bhringraj: Useful for preventing hair loss and dandruff . It promotes healthy black and long hair.
  • Til Tel: Sesame oil protect the hair, restore the hydrolipidic film and soften the scalp.
  • Manjistha: Paste of Manjistha is very effective in Hair loss, dandruff and any type of skin problem.
  • Lodhra Chaal: The paste of the bark is useful to prevent premature graying and hair fall.
  • Lavender: controls alopecia (hair loss)
  • Olive Oil: nourishes, conditions, and improves the strength and elasticity of hair
  • Coconut Oil: Stimulates hair follicles and promotes healthy hair growth
  • Jojoba Oil: restores natural moisture to hair and scalp and helps repair damage;also helps control scalp sebum, the major cause of some hair and scalp disorders.
  • Rosemary Oil: encouraged hair growth
  • Chamomile: promotes healthy hair gowth
  • Catnip: promotes hair growth
  • Burdock Root: promotes hair growth and reduces hair fall.
  • Amla: prevents greying of hair and promotes hair growth
  • Shakaki: eliminates dandruff and promotes hair growth
  • Reetha: promotes shiny beautiful hair and rids hair of dandruff
  • Biotin: a major component in the natural hair manufacturing process -- it is an essential nutrient to grow new hair
  • MSM: reverses hair loss, thickens hair, improves hair health and strength

HoneyDew

I have not tried this product because I am trying to stick with the products that are already working for me, BUT, I am confident that massaging certain oil blends on the scalp can help maintain steady increased growth.

That has been my experience lately so I can see how this oil can be very nice, indeed.

With the Lenzis Request oil blend I am not getting 2 inches a month like some claim with other products :burn::whyme:, but it is nice at touchup time to get a little extra every time. :grin: My NG at 4 weeks has been more than it always has been in the past and this product is the only one that I actually use regularly and enjoy nurturing my scalp with.

Good luck ladies and DON'T FORGET - review review review! :grin:

She is a member here, fairly new I think.

Last edited:

HoneyDew

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE no one get mad at me, but to me, her first pic from a year ago looks like a full weave.

Maybe it is not, but it just looks that way to me.

Not trying to me offensive, just posting my observation. I was reading her site and I just find it hard to believe that you can get 12 inches of hair growth in a year from just some oil and an herbal shampoo.

I do get faster growth with an oil (even as I type this, my scalp is tingling from oil I appled 3 days ago!) so i am no doubting the abilities of it to aid in slightly faster growth. But 12 inches!?!?

PanamasOwn

Im jumping on it because it has ALL the ingredients that I use, wrapped up in one. coconut oil, seasame oil, lavendar, rosemary...all the things that essential for hair growth and maintenance...after you try to collect ALL of those oils you have spent a good deal of money.. even if I dont get 1 inch a month, I know my hair loves these oils.. I just made an order, so I iwll use for a while and give some updates...

mzhotniz86

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE no one get mad at me, but to me, her first pic from a year ago looks like a full weave.

Not trying to me offensive, just posting my observation. I was reading her site and I just find it hard to believe that you can get 12 inches of hair growth in a year from just some oil and an herbal shampoo.

I do get faster growth with an oil (even as I type this, my scalp is tingling from oil I appled 3 days ago!) so i am no doubting the abilities of it to aid in slightly faster growth. But 12 inches!?!?

um yeh it is. lol . its one you can kind of tell by the discolored ends. unless she got her hair colored...

then again it could be hers and maybe she was pregnant? some of those preggies get a lot of extra growth due to vitamins and the baby hormones , etc.

Last edited:

PanamasOwn

Even if it is a weave she is DEF. on the right track as far as hair products.. I have NEVER heard of some of these things until now

http://www.fromnaturewithlove.com/product.asp?product_id=ayurherbbhringraj&searchflag=1

http://www.allayurveda.com/product_month_june2006.htm

HoneyDew

Even if it is a weave she is DEF. on the right track as far as hair products.. I have NEVER heard of some of these things until now

http://www.fromnaturewithlove.com/product.asp?product_id=ayurherbbhringraj&searchflag=1

http://www.allayurveda.com/product_month_june2006.htm

Some of the henna lovers use these products with their mixes, or just started discovering more of these to use after researching henna and other herbs from India and the surrounding areas. Her ingredients seem to be a very nice mixture.

HoneyDew

um yeh it is. lol . its one you can kind of tell by the discolored ends. unless she got her hair colored...

then again it could be hers and maybe she was pregnant? some of those preggies get a lot of extra growth due to vitamins and the baby hormones , etc.

well in her longer photos, I can't tell. That looks like her hair from the back - not doubting that at all.

I am talking about the shorter length that she showed at the "before". the front looks like the way they "part" it for a full weave.

But, like you said that really could be here hair in the first pic and it grew out that much in a year. I am not knocking it - just skeptical. Yall know the kinds of stuff we have seen on here. Just gotta keep it real, that's all.

Edited to add;

I feel bad for doubting her. I really do. i am going to hush up and wait for reviews. Besides, he hair does look really pretty and healthy - who am I to judge. I look forward to hearing from other folks. :)

Last edited:

HoneyDew

RedTweetyB, where you at girl!!?? :)

I don't want to be talking about you without you being here!

Just get your oils and shampoos ready, you are about to get bumrushed with orders after this thread!!!

ReddTweetyB

I received this question today via ebay:

I learned about your product thru an online forum called Long Hair Care Forum and I have attached the link: http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=170767

One of the questions was whether it is a weave and your growth may be attributed to being pregnant. What is your response?

The answer is:

Not that I am against it but I've never worn weave a day in my life. If it was weave, then my before and after photos would be a lie/fraudulent and I am not a liar. My youngest child is seven years old, I take depo provera and have been since his birth so there is not doubt that I am not pregnant. I just started my hair regime 14 months ago to be exact so there is no way that being pregnant seven years ago contributed to my recent hair growth.

Hey, I'm a very honest person. If anyone ever has any questions for me, don't hesitate to pm me or contact me through my contact page by going through my home page in my profile. Well, I need to get off this site now to process orders. Talk with yall later. Happy hair growing.:grin:

shellatl

I bought items today but not without asking the seller some of the concerns some of the members voiced.

Here is her response:

"Not that I am against it but I've never worn weave a day in my life. If it was weave, then my before and after photos would be a lie/fraudulent and I am not a liar. My youngest child is seven years old, I take depo provera and have been since his birth so there is not doubt that I am not pregnant. I just started my hair regime 14 months ago to be exact so there is no way that being pregnant seven years ago contributed to my recent hair growth."

I encouraged her to join LHCF and help others who may benefit from the products she offers.

Serenity_Peace

Genius never dies!
Well, I did order RedTweety's products this past week. They are mostly Indian/Ayurvedic products. I'm sure RT knows that people will question her and that's fair. I haven't received the products yet but I am curious. Some of these items, like the Alma/Shikaki/Brahmi shampoo I can get from any of the Indian markets around my house. Some of the other items I don't have and can't find. And since they're all Ayurvedic, and I, as well as other ladies are on the Ayurvedic kick, I didn't see the harm in trying them.

As an aside: RT, I think it would be beneficial to all of us if you can explain more about the products and clarify where they come from.

Also, perhaps discuss a bit more about your overall regimen/techniques:

1. How often you relax
2. If you use heat
3. Protective styles
4. Other products that you use, if applicable
5. If you use growth aids
6. If you were preggers during your growth spurt

To quash concerns about weaves, if you were to post more pics of before and after, that would help as well.

It is obviously amazing and quite unusual for anyone to have that much growth in a year, so understandably the ladies here want to hear much more than what your website offers. I'm sure you're busy, but I can assure you that these ladies will wait.:grin:

Thanks,

SP ;)

Evazhair

There is definitely something to the ayurvedic herbs, and for the ingredients alone, I would try the oil blend, as I only have experience making infusions of amla. Any increased growth would just be icing. I can spot a weave a mile away, but I haven't paid attention to her pics enough to say. I think it is a mistake to expect "miracle" growth, because of the other factors that come into play that are product independent. Even Lenzi's Request is supposed to only increase one's growth rate, or maybe not at all. So it all depends on the individual. I have a cousin whose course hair grows like a weed regardless. My grandma was terminally ill and her hair grew from shoulder to midback in 8 months after falling out. I also know people, whose hair grows, but they sabotage their length retention with their practices, like my mama. A growth aid is not going to compensate for that. I know people whose hair really doesn't grow much at all. This site teaches us that growth comes from a combination of internal/external factors and everyone's hair is different. So to be fair, I always critically evaluate products/claims, but I know that with any technique/product one man's trash is another's treasure. JMO. At the same time, I think it is very smart to ask questions and to a certain extent be skeptical of any claims, because unscrupulous people do exist.

PanamasOwn

As an aside: RT, I think it would be beneficial to all of us if you can explain more about the products and clarify where they come from.

Also, perhaps discuss a bit more about your overall regimen/techniques:

1. How often you relax
2. If you use heat
3. Protective styles
4. Other products that you use, if applicable
5. If you use growth aids
6. If you were preggers during your growth spurt

To quash concerns about weaves, if you were to post more pics of before and after, that would help as well.

It is obviously amazing and quite unusual for anyone to have that much growth in a year, so understandably the ladies here want to hear much more than what your website offers. I'm sure you're busy, but I can assure you that these ladies will wait.:grin:

Thanks,

SP ;)

Great questions... Natually most people are going to be skeptical because the before and after pics are so dramatic! I'm not going to lie, when I first saw the pic I was like 'yeah right', but I read the ingredients and did some research on them and was like 'ok' let me give this a shot. Now if I start this next week, and 4 weeks from now i get an inch of NG...then :dance7:...but even still..the complitation of ingredients are on point

Serenity_Peace

Genius never dies!
Great questions... Natually most people are going to be skeptical because the before and after pics are so dramatic! I'm not going to lie, when I first saw the pic I was like 'yeah right', but I read the ingredients and did some research on them and was like 'ok' let me give this a shot. Now if I start this next week, and 4 weeks from now i get an inch of NG...then :dance7:...but even still..the complitation of ingredients are on point

Yeah, that's why I bought the products because I know great things about Ayurvedic remedies and my herbalist has been trying to get me to switch to all Ayurvedic for many years. He himself is Indian and every time I enter his store for something, he's trying to get me to try something. My friends at the Indian/Pakistani market that I frequent are always telling me about the oils, for instance. I see the beautiful East Asian ladies with boxes of this stuff, alma shampoo and shikaiki oils all the time. I'm not sure if I'm just lazy, skeptical or have far too many products to add more. But when I saw RT's site and read the ingredients, these were the same ones that I routinely see, the information is legit.

The only real concern that I have is that these products are Ayurvedic. Are they necessarily RT's products or just combination of Ayurvedic remedies. I suppose that I could PM her, but I guess my question will help others.

I hope that RT will perhaps consider starting a thread with this information and more pics. That's just a suggestion. ;)

audacity.

I am not mad, Honey! I was thinking the same thing. I came across this site yesterday and I was thinking - 'it is looking kinda weave-ish to me - but who knows...' I mean it IS possible to get 12" in one year...

The claim that if you use this line you will get 1" per month is a bit much for me, too. Knowing that there are SOOO many other factors that contribute to how fast (or slow) one's hair grows.

AND she only started using the products about 1 month ago per the website "[FONT=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Wow!, hair growth has really picked up since I began using the Gro-aut products on 10/13/07."

I think she may be a distributer of these products rather than the manufacturer, but IDK *shrugs*
[/FONT]

Serenity_Peace

Genius never dies!
I am not mad, Honey! I was thinking the same thing. I came across this site yesterday and I was thinking - 'it is looking kinda weave-ish to me - but who knows...' I mean it IS possible to get 12" in one year...

The claim that if you use this line you will get 1" per month is a bit much for me, too. Knowing that there are SOOO many other factors that contribute to how fast (or slow) one's hair grows.

AND she only started using the products about 1 month ago per the website "[FONT=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Wow!, hair growth has really picked up since I began using the Gro-aut products on 10/13/07."
I think she may be a distributer of these products rather than the manufacturer, but IDK *shrugs*[/FONT]

Suggestion: perhaps a disclaimer that results are not typical would help dispell any rumor or innuendo.

Again, I think the questions/concerns are fair. I suppose that this is the very reason why RT didn't want to broadcast the products because she probably knew that doubts would ensue.

I hope that she will return and discuss and try to put some doubt to rest. :yep:

audacity.

Suggestion: perhaps a disclaimer that results are not typical would help dispell any rumor or innuendo.

Again, I think the questions/concerns are fair. I suppose that this is the very reason why RT didn't want to broadcast the products because she probably knew that doubts would ensue.

I hope that she will return and discuss and try to put some doubt to rest. :yep:

Serenity, ITA with all the bolded! I am like Honey, I am not knocking, I am just skeptical (with good reason, I think). Also, some parted hair pics showing her scalp would shut me (and the rest of us skepticists) right on up!

It could've been b/c of the potential ensued doubts or apprehension of (possible) truth being brought to light

fancypants007

I wish her the best, but I think I am going to stick with washing my hair twice a week using shikahai oil wash and the other I will give myself a shikahai and alma powder treatment. I put brahamaji alma oil and shikahai oil in my scalp in the AM and massage it in every day.(Heard that applying oil in AM is the best time because in PM you're tossing and turning while sleeping and the oil may not be as effective). I also put rosemary oil and lavendar oil in my homemade braid spray which I spray on my hair lightly twice a day. I just started using these indian products and I am very happy with the results. My main concern is keeping my scalp clean, hair shedding at a minimal, keeping hair moisturized particularly my ends and getting regularly trims. I also went back to bunning my hair and I am giving myself until July of next year to see just how much growth I will achieve.

LaShanne

This was my interaction with TB a few days ago. I appreciated her honesty and decided to give her a try. Plus, I'm all for supporting LEGITIMATE Black-owned businesses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaShanne
I'm looking at your pictures and reading your profile and although your hair is amazing, I'm a little skeptical at your rate of growth. Based on the exact regimen you stated you obtained that much growth? I'd be interested in purchasing these products but do you have any type of guarantee? I would be happy with just half your results but I've spent so much money on other "so-called" hair growth products I'm a little wary (and broke). Do you have pictures of others who've used your products? I'm really interested, just nervous. Thanks!

LaShanne

I started at 18 inches at shoulder lengh and today I'm at around 26 1/2 inches. That's only 8 1/2 inches growth in a year. It would have actually been longer without the trims but it probably wouldn't look as healthy as it does with the trims. Normal hair growth is 6 inches a year. Most people don't notice it because their hair is constantly breaking off. My products obviously helps with controlling breakage. They help to gain long hair (promotes growth) and maintain long hair (controls breakage). You see, your hair is alway growing but most people don't notice it because it's always shedding or breaking off.

I don't have any other pictures of customers who is currently using my products because I'm just bringing it out into the open. I only brought it out into the open just recently because so many people keep asking me "what am I using on my hair"? I make all of my own products except the bhringraj, coconut oil and amla herbal shampoo and I found that it was a whole lot easier to prepare the products myself and offer them for purchase than to give out recipes that would require someone elses trial and error to get it just right like mines. I have already been through the trial and error process which was a pain in the crotch and since I have stumbled on recipes that actually do work I felt like "why should I give up my recipes for someone else to go out and produce my miracle product and gain from it after all of my hard work of creating it". Look at how much some of these companies charge for stuff that doesn't even work. I just know that if one of those large corporations had my hair growth formula they would be charging a massive amount for it because it actually works and most people would pay anything for something that really does what it says it will do. I hope to have some before and after customer photos in the future but I really have'nt been out long enough to receive any as of yet.

I do not offer a guarantee however I have had customers email me before purchasing asking the same question and my response to the question is "I'm so sure that my products will work for you that if it doesn't, you can return the unused portion with a copy of this email for a full refund." So if you use my contact form from my site with this question, I will respond and you can hold on to the repsonse just in case you are not satisfied with the products. I have been planning on putting a guarantee on the website but just haven't gotten around to it.

Serenity_Peace

Genius never dies!
Well, I would suggest several things (and I hope RT does return as well):

1. If there is concern with people stealing her product and selling it as their own, GET A PATENT!! Do this right away.
2. Get a lawyer!!
3. Speak with others who are selling haircare products. Specifically, consider PMing other ladies here who have gone through the process and can offer advice (Naturallady, Machieamour, Sweetcashew, etc?).
4. PLEASE put a disclaimer on the products that don't offer a guarantee of 12" a month and that clearly explains that results are atypical.

These things would protect a seller, especially if that seller is using public forums or vehicles such as eBay and Pay Pal to market their products.

Finally, make it abundantly clear that some of the products are NOT the seller's. Specify the ones that are and those which are not. Many people will accuse the seller of being disingenuous if the products that are promoted as being the seller's really aren't. Again, this is for protection.

While I understand that RT is just jump starting her business, it would behoove her to take these precautionary measures and seek expert business advice before putting the product out there. The objective is to protect oneself and to ensure that he/she won't be held liable if something unfortunate were to happen. I have no doubt that these are great products, if for no other reason that they are Ayurvedic. :yep:

Good luck, RT!!!

audacity.

Well, I would suggest several things (and I hope RT does return as well):

1. If there is concern with people stealing her product and selling it as their own, GET A PATENT!! Do this right away.
2. Get a lawyer!!
3. Speak with others who are selling haircare products. Specifically, consider PMing other ladies here who have gone through the process and can offer advice (Naturallady, Machieamour, Sweetcashew, etc?).
4. PLEASE put a disclaimer on the products that don't offer a guarantee of 12" a month and that clearly explains that results are atypical.

These things would protect a seller, especially if that seller is using public forums or vehicles such as eBay and Pay Pal to market their products.

Finally, make it abundantly clear that some of the products are NOT the seller's. Specify the ones that are and those which are not. Many people will accuse the seller of being disingenuous if the products that are promoted as being the seller's really aren't. Again, this is for protection.

While I understand that RT is just jump starting her business, it would behoove her to take these precautionary measures and seek expert business advice before putting the product out there. The objective is to protect oneself and to ensure that he/she won't be held liable if something unfortunate were to happen. I have no doubt that these are great products, if for no other reason that they are Ayurvedic. :yep:

Good luck, RT!!!

Very well stated, Serenity!

Although the cost of obtaining a patent is astronomical (up to $10 grand and more) and the process is long and tedius (sp).

I hope she comes back too so that she can clarify and answer questions. Other ladies here who have begun selling their own products have very graciously taken the time away from filling their orders to come into threads and ansewer questions as well as dispell any myths or uncertainties that come up. IMO, that ultimately makes for a better and more credible business...

I kinda thought that she was a distributor for some (if not all) of the products on the site.

I wish her the best of luck as well.

And HHG to all!!!

HoneyDew

I received this question today via ebay:

The answer is:

Not that I am against it but I've never worn weave a day in my life. If it was weave, then my before and after photos would be a lie/fraudulent and I am not a liar. My youngest child is seven years old, I take depo provera and have been since his birth so there is not doubt that I am not pregnant. I just started my hair regime 14 months ago to be exact so there is no way that being pregnant seven years ago contributed to my recent hair growth.

Hey, I'm a very honest person. If anyone ever has any questions for me, don't hesitate to pm me or contact me through my contact page by going through my home page in my profile. Well, I need to get off this site now to process orders. Talk with yall later. Happy hair growing.:grin:

thanks for posting! good luck with your venture! :grin:

I may try your oil one day.

kweenameena

SHIMA!!! Is that you, girl?!!!

J/k:lachen:

The oil blend looks like it might be worth a try. Whoever uses it....make sure you post a review.

HERicane10

I ran across this site several week ago and did EXTENSIVE searches about the oils and ingredients listed in the jojoba poo and con. Not necessarily because I was skeptical of her growth. But I love all things AYURVEDA!:grin: Plus I don't have the $$$ to be buying everybodies 'miracle' hair growth products. What I found by Googling the poo and con ingredients is that they are Jason Natural Jojoba Shampoo and Conditioner (ingredients are 85% similiar + or - a new Jason formula). :perplexed I can get them at vitacost for under $4. :yep: And just like a previous poster said, the Amla, Reetha, and Shikakai Poo is at almost all Indian grocers. I would however really love to try the oil combo. Though I did find an 8oz bringraj for about $13 on another site. :look:

I'm not trying to ruffle no feathers or stifle aspiring entrepreneurs......I'm just 'frugal' as hell! :grin:

Leslie_C

I ran across this site several week ago and did EXTENSIVE searches about the oils and ingredients listed in the jojoba poo and con. Not necessarily because I was skeptical of her growth. But I love all things AYURVEDA!:grin: Plus I don't have the $$$ to be buying everybodies 'miracle' hair growth products. What I found by Googling the poo and con ingredients is that they are Jason Natural Jojoba Shampoo and Conditioner (ingredients are 85% similiar + or - a new Jason formula). :perplexed I can get them at vitacost for under $4. :yep: And just like a previous poster said, the Amla, Reetha, and Shikakai Poo is at almost all Indian grocers. I would however really love to try the oil combo. Though I did find an 8oz bringraj for about $13 on another site. :look:

I'm not trying to ruffle no feathers or stifle aspiring entrepreneurs......I'm just 'frugal' as hell! :grin:

Wow, good looking out. Im frugal too...you had better bet I get the best price possible on everything I buy, whether its clothes,shoes,makeup,hair products, appliances, whatever....Im always on the hunt for a bargain.

ReddTweetyB

OK skeptics and I can't blame you for being so with all those no good products out there that don't work, I have to work (I'm a full time nurse as well as an entrepreneur) the next three days so I'm getting ready to go to sleep now but when I am off from work I will try to get some parted pics of my head on here. I never show my face because there are some crazies out there. I don't really have many pics from before. I never really take photos and I myself didn't believe I would receive the growth that I did, otherwise I would have taken photos. I do have some pics I took in May of this year when I went to the crab fest in Maryland. Those pics will at least show the length I had six months ago compared to now.

Clarification is needed because someone posted something that seems misunderstood. I began the hair care regime 14 months ago that is on my hair care page without the gro-aut products. I just started using the gro-aut oil on 10/13/07 and the gro-aut shampoo a couples of weeks prior to that. And so far, I am noticing even faster hair growth since starting the gro-aut products.

I will try to post some more info when I am off on Monday but it is no guarantee as processing orders come first. And girlies, don't think I have run off if I don't post or answer pm's over the weekend. I'm just working and when I get off, I am dead tired.:spinning: