Mahabhringraj Oil

so1913

Oh boo, I was hoping for the claimed effects that it stop greying! Ah well, I guess I just need accept my age and its time for that transition lol.

Will keep using it and see how my hair continues to respond, so far so good.

so1913

I also noticed MORE gray hairs and they're growing in FAST! What's up with that?!:drunk: Oh well! I guess that means the rest of my hair is growing in faster. I've only been using it for one month about 1-3 times per week.

I started using it for its claims to slow down and regrow hereditary hair loss. I really hope that really happens!

Are you leaving it in or using it as a prepoo?

I've only been using it as a prepoo because of the scent and sticking with coconut oil throughout the week if I want to use oil for maintenance.

HappyAtLast

Simplicity & Peacefulness
Are you leaving it in or using it as a prepoo?

I've only been using it as a prepoo because of the scent and sticking with coconut oil throughout the week if I want to use oil for maintenance.

so1913 I leave it in. The smell is kinda peculiar, minty. But my DH and kids said they liked the smell so I wasn't worried about it.
The one I buy is this, and I use a color applicator bottle from Sally that has a tiny tip, so I'm not using a lot of oil.

shortt29

I leave it in as well...I don't really care for the smell but it gets masked with my leave in's and moisturizers. I used by bottle up in about 7-8 months applying it after each wash but that was mostly during the warmer months when I was wearing wet buns. Now I will purchase more and use it as a pre poo or hot oil treatment under the steam machine if I plan to wear straight hair.

Lita

I leave it in..It does wonders,I mean wonders for shedding...Hair is left soft but,strong...This & Brahmi are favorite Ayurvedic for my scalp issues & Sesame seed is the perfect Ayurvedic oil seal with...

Happy Hair Growing!

Last edited:

ilong

God's Own
@HappyAtLast - what brand is that you're using?
This is the one I get from my Indian Grocer.
- :grin: at you and @so1913 about the grey hairs.

I use this oil along with Amla, Brahmi, Garlic, Black Seed and sometime Navatrana oil in most of my oil blends. I mixed them in my shea butter along with castor, coconut and rosemary oil. I use them as pre-poo, rinse and just leave-in daily.

I don't know which (maybe all???) is helping slow my greying but something is AND my daughter wants to know which.:yep:

ITA with Lita they are FANTASTIC oils.

Attachments

• mahabhringaraj oil.jpg
    mahabhringaraj oil.jpg
    252.1 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:

DDTexlaxed

TRANSITION OVER! 11-22-14
I brought mine on Amazon. It's a great oil and it helps me sleep better at night. I suffer from chronic insomnia.:ohwell: I also agree that the grays grow faster with the oil,but I think it's worth it!:yep:

PureSilver

DDTexlaxed, thanks for mentioning that you purchased yours at amazon. I was just about to ask where i can purchase but i copied and pasted the name in amazon search and there it was. I nee to get some of this. I need a good moisturising oil for my chronic dry hair.

HappyAtLast

HappyAtLast - what brand is that you're using?
This is the one I get from my Indian Grocer.
- :grin: at you and so1913 about the grey hairs.

I use this oil along with Amla, Brahmi, Garlic, Black Seed and sometime Navatrana oil in most of my oil blends. I mixed them in my shea butter along with castor, coconut and rosemary oil. I use them as pre-poo, rinse and just leave-in daily.

I don't know which (maybe all???) is helping slow my greying but something is AND my daughter wants to know which.:yep:

ITA with Lita they are FANTASTIC oils.

ilong Yeah those gray hairs!! Maybe it's just gonna take a little longer the the grays to be affected. This is the oil I'm using, Mahabhringaraj Oil Pure Maka's Ayurvedic It has great reviews.

I also find it's really helping with shedding and I rub a little on my hair and it makes it feel really smooth and soft...almost velvety...and that's with just a tiny bit of the oil. I'd like to explore that aspect more as I tighten up my straightening reggie.

so1913

Hmmm seems like I'm the only one washing it out. I guess I will have to try leaving it in whenever the next time I wear my hair up, I don't see that working out for my loose hair styles. But even using it as a weekly pre-poo seems to be effective, and I always had my doubts about the effectiveness pre-pooing.

I almost got the oil with the purple labeling because I wanted to compare it to the one I have that is a little more expensive and harder to order from a US vendor. I saw ONE review mentioned it had mineral oil in it but I thought maybe they left the review on the wrong brand and meant that for the Hesh oil that I know does contain mineral oil. Can you guys confirm the one from All India Store (purple label) has no mineral oil in it?

HappyAtLast

Hmmm seems like I'm the only one washing it out. I guess I will have to try leaving it in whenever the next time I wear my hair up, I don't see that working out for my loose hair styles. But even using it as a weekly pre-poo seems to be effective, and I always had my doubts about the effectiveness pre-pooing.

I almost got the oil with the purple labeling because I wanted to compare it to the one I have that is a little more expensive and harder to order from a US vendor. I saw ONE review mentioned it had mineral oil in it but I thought maybe they left the review on the wrong brand and meant that for the Hesh oil that I know does contain mineral oil. Can you guys confirm the one from All India Store (purple label) has no mineral oil in it?

Are you talking about this one Mahabhringaraj Oil Pure Maka's Ayurvedic? No mineral oil.
The ingredients on my bottle says bringraj, alma, brahmi, jatamansi, neem, arnica flower, sesame oil, olive oil.

I wouldn't have bought it if it had mineral oil because I don't think that should be on the scalp, maybe only as a sealant.

so1913

Are you talking about this one Mahabhringaraj Oil Pure Maka's Ayurvedic? No mineral oil.
The ingredients on my bottle says bringraj, alma, brahmi, jatamansi, neem, arnica flower, sesame oil, olive oil.

I wouldn't have bought it if it had mineral oil because I don't think that should be on the scalp, maybe only as a sealant.

Yep, that's the one...there is one review on Amazon for it that says:

this is dabur amla oil in a different packaging!, June 21, 2013

This review is from: Mahabhringaraj Oil Pure Maka's Ayurvedic Medicine For Fallig of Hair and Dandruff

I bought this thinking that it would be a great natural mineral and perfume free alternative to the dabur amla oil but um.....it smells exactly the same, same consistency, color, and cause the same build up in my hair. I compared them side by side. Im so pissed because I paid 7.99 for a bottle 5x the size of this one at the local indian store and threw it away ...no I have to throw this away too because the product is not what it claims to be. DONT BUY THIS PRODUCT IF U WANT A PRODUCT THAT IS PARFUME AND MINERAIL OIL FREE.

No other review said such from what I read, but this one did make me a little hesitant.

Thanks!!

rawsilk

I got the organic one from Amazon (Botanical something?) and used it to mix my Henna mixture and pre-poo. I liked it enough -- not bouncing off the walls but then again, haven't been consistent. I wonder if Coconut Oil or plane sesame oil is just as good.

HappyAtLast

Yep, that's the one...there is one review on Amazon for it that says:

No other review said such from what I read, but this one did make me a little hesitant.

Thanks!!

I don't know what product that review is referring. Maybe they posted their review on the wrong product?? I hope the attachment show. The first pic is from their product page. The second pic is my personal bottle. I went to my Indian grocer to find it before ordering and the guy told me they threw the bottles out because they sat on the shelves so long that they expired. I guess Indian people dont use mahabhringrajah oil!!

ForumRunner_20131018_145402.jpg

ForumRunner_20131018_150247.jpg

Last edited:

shortt29

so1913 Not sure where you are located in NJ but pm me and I can tell you what Indian grocer I get mine from if you are close to my area.

Lucie

Dancin' on sunshine!
Dangit! It's no wonder I don't hang out here. Adding this to my ever growing list!

ilong

God's Own
so1913 I used the exact brand of Mahabhringaraj oil and notices definite curl definition. My only complaint was that it definitely didn't stop or slow the grey hairs :( In fact I noticed more grey hairs and they were growing in fast (but I guess that means the oil promoted hair growth) I finished that bottle just last month so I have to buy more...I put it in an applicator bottle and use it directly on my scalp right after washing or cowashing.
I also noticed MORE gray hairs and they're growing in FAST! What's up with that?!:drunk: Oh well! I guess that means the rest of my hair is growing in faster. I've only been using it for one month about 1-3 times per week.

I started using it for its claims to slow down and regrow hereditary hair loss. I really hope that really happens!

@shortt29 and @HappyAtLast , more grey hair? That's interesting. I've been using the oil for a couple of years now and I can most definitely say my grey hairs are not what they should be for a woman my age. My daughter actually teases me because she has more grey hair than I do.