gyming and hair growth rate

Penspringz

For those of you who regularly exercise, have you noticed a change in your growth rate. Please share your experiences. I am pretty excited as I have just joined my local gym and am hoping to start seeing the benefits in my health and hair.

LaNecia

I've been working out consistently for the past 7 years so it's hard for me to say if it's had an effect. What I HAVE noticed is that when I do more CARDIO (in non competition season I do very little, MAYBE twice a week) and eat more veggies/salads, my hairs to grow much faster.

I'll be able to update my response to this in about a month or so as I'm making a transition from doing bodybuilding to doing figure competitions. I have to lose a bunch o'weight and stay leaner (and less muscular) in the off season. I'm currently doing cardio, 20-30 minutes a day, 6 days a week.

atlien11

Thats funny you post this. Today I had lunch with a friend of mine who plays football for seattle seahawks. He is growing dreads and they have grown alot since the last time i saw him in July...i commented that men always seem how to grow their hair faster than women. He said that its due to him working out and sweat (washing it out of course). Interesting.

I have been working out consistently and i do think the blood flow/circulation helps.

Arcadian

VWVixxen said:
I've been working out consistently for the past 7 years so it's hard for me to say if it's had an effect. What I HAVE noticed is that when I do more CARDIO (in non competition season I do very little, MAYBE twice a week) and eat more veggies/salads, my hairs to grow much faster.

I'll be able to update my response to this in about a month or so as I'm making a transition from doing bodybuilding to doing figure competitions. I have to lose a bunch o'weight and stay leaner (and less muscular) in the off season. I'm currently doing cardio, 20-30 minutes a day, 6 days a week.

I noticed it when I competed that my hair definitely grew faster. Could have been cardio, so you may have something on that.

OT:
Glad that you've decided to change directions chica! (sad to say but women's bodybuilding is sho nuff going to the dogs, and is the reason I stopped competing)

-A

Proudpiscean

I have no proof, but physiologically it def makes since that working out will increase the growth rate and health of hair because the increased circulation carries more nutrients and oxygen to the scalp/hair follicles.

Jas123

The Star of a Story
nomoweavesfome said:
uh oh. Why I have a feeling this thread is going to make my lazy behind start doing the workout I so much need.
Me too..i just renewed my membership too....the fact that I need to lose alot weight has not motivated me to get my butt to the gym...mention working out might help my increase my growth rate..I'm there with the quickness, everyday..shame on me:D

Radianthealth

Arcadian said:
I noticed it when I competed that my hair definitely grew faster. Could have been cardio, so you may have something on that.

OT:
Glad that you've decided to change directions chica! (sad to say but women's bodybuilding is sho nuff going to the dogs, and is the reason I stopped competing)

-A

Sorry this is OT but what does the bolded part mean?

Too much performance enhancement drugs? drama? unrealistic expectations? corruption?

nomoweavesfome

hold up--- - we got bodybuilders out this piece????!!!! Dawg ya'll sure know how to make a gal feel shame. I definitely will be starting some type of routine real soon. (feeling like the Judy Bloom book "BLUBBER" from back in the day)

LaNecia

nomoweavesfome said:
hold up--- - we got bodybuilders out this piece????!!!! Dawg ya'll sure know how to make a gal feel shame. I definitely will be starting some type of routine real soon. (feeling like the Judy Bloom book "BLUBBER" from back in the day)

Gurl!! :lachen: That was one of my favorite books back in Jr. High School!!

LaNecia

trimbride said:
Sorry this is OT but what does the bolded part mean?

Too much performance enhancement drugs? drama? unrealistic expectations? corruption?

I don't mean to hijack this thread but this is what she's talking about (See attachments)...the first gal, Iris Kyle is the reigning Ms. Olympia...the Second girl is Gina Aliotti (she came in 6th place at the Olympia last week) she trains at my gym...she's figure, Iris is bodybuilding...to compete I have to look like that? That last one is me...I can't make that kinda transition. :nono:

Attachments

• Iris.jpg
    Iris.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 71
  • news_oly06.jpg
    news_oly06.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 73
  • P1140059-th.jpg
    P1140059-th.jpg
    2.7 KB · Views: 196

Cooyah

:perplexed :perplexed :perplexed :perplexed :perplexed :perplexed :perplexed

Radianthealth

Cooyah you are too much :lachen:

Yeah VWVixen your body type is much more like the figure competitor.

Good Luck!

Female Body builders are cool, but I love Figure competitors, I wish my body looked half as good as most of these women...but I know how hard they work so I guess they deserve to look so great:)

Faith

Penspringz said:
For those of you who regularly exercise, have you noticed a change in your growth rate. Please share your experiences. I am pretty excited as I have just joined my local gym and am hoping to start seeing the benefits in my health and hair.
I will say my growth does increase when I work out. I usually only get 1/3" a month but when I work out I get about 1/2" or a bit more. So 1" in 2 months instead of 1" in 3 months.

omnipadme

VWVixxen said:
I don't mean to hijack this thread but this is what she's talking about (See attachments)...the first gal, Iris Kyle is the reigning Ms. Olympia...the Second girl is Gina Aliotti (she came in 6th place at the Olympia last week) she trains at my gym...she's figure, Iris is bodybuilding...to compete I have to look like that? That last one is me...I can't make that kinda transition. :nono:

Gina Aloitti- I've seen her in Muscle and Fitness Hers magazine. She is CUT

JustKiya

Are there figure competitions along the line of bodybuilding competetions? - Or is the competition a matter of sponsorships...

(Dang, is there a female bodybuilding thread on one of the "general life' forums...I'm really curious.....??)

(sorry 'bout the continued hijack)

lala

I just recently got back on the stick and started working out again, but I have never noticed any increase in hair growth when working out consistently. In my case...I don't think working out has an impact on how fast my hair grows.

oduwu

I think my hair grows faster when I work out. I do work out pretty hard, usually 5-6 times a week. My hair does draw up a lot, especially when I'm stretching relaxers, so that might be part of it as well. Then when I get relaxers, my hair seems like it's grown a lot since I'm so used to it being drawn up for sweating it out so much.

SpiritJunkie

darn..I see this does more good than harm.:perplexed

I'm such a lazy ass...now that i know it will increase my hair growth a bit I may start hitting the gym or jogging a bit more. Instead of sitting here with my sneakers and sweat suit on doodling on the computer.:p

Isis

I'm not sure since I exercise daily, long before I started caring for my hair. I'm certain it's having a positive affect on my hair growth because it increases blood circulation, as others already mentioned.

I think there were some exercise hair challenges on this board...

alona

Working out affects my rate of hair growth. My hair doesn't grow very fast but when I work out consistently (meaning 3x's a week) I need a touch up more frequently. A good workout and hair growth..two for the price of one.