Had wsl hair and happier at mbl? Anyone?

blessed7777

Because this is a long hair forum I sometimes get caught up in the wsl challenges. However, I am on the short side (height) and I think full blunt mbl would be more becoming. I am just curious to see if there were any wsl ladies that made your goal and realized mbl was more your style?

exubah

That is a great question because I am only 5' nothing and I know that my goal is to touch WSL then cut back to a full blunt MBL because I think it would be less overpowering for me.

Traycee

I got to HL and liked WL better...So I now trim often to maintain WL hair...HL to me looked heavy and unstylish on me..In all honesty I was most happy at MBL...But my Husband would be really hurt if I cut it to MBL

MissYocairis

I got to HL and liked WL better...So I now trim often to maintain WL hair...HL to me looked heavy and unstylish on me..In all honesty I was most happy at MBL...But my Husband would be really hurt if I cut it to MBL

How cute is that? :lol: He's attached to your WSL hair. Cute story. :yep:

LadyPaniolo

Well, I can't see it myself. I won't be cutting, period. If my stuff scrapes the ground like Crystal Gale I'll be walking around like :D every single day.

ETA: my DH is the opposite of Traycee's. He knows I'm gunning for full classic length, but he's like :perplexed that might be TOO long. I'm like :huh: Too long? Not possible!

Nerd.

I always subconsciously thought this to myself as well. I am also 5"0 and I can see WL hair on myself looking like "neglected long hair" instead of purposely grown out hair. Make sense? Also, I already look extremely young and I personally don't think WL hair would help my situation, lol.
I absolutely looove WL on more vertically gifted people though :yep:

MAMATO

Well, I feel you. I am currently WL and 5'9''. I dont know why, but I am seriously thinking about cutting my hair back to MBL...and on the other side sometimes I feel I may try to hit HL just for the challenge...

I've been having dreams lately about a nice bob ...dunno, cant decide which way to go
:( That is why I am seriously thinking about a weave for the moment just so I can leave my hair alone and wait until the summer. Maybe the canadian winter is just getting on my nerves... just dont want to do something I'll regret later.

amwcah

Good question. I have been thinking about this myself as my hair gets longer. I'm not sure if I will ultimately like being WL, but I can always cut it back to MBL.

amwcah

How tall are you?

Natural Glow

Well I'm short (5') and waist length isn't too far from mid back for me. But when it's straight I think blunt mid back looks great and is easier to roller set and style.

But now I'm trying to grow it to hip length because it looks so short when curly. So I'm torn. I may get to hip and decide to cut it back to mid back or waist who knows.

3akay3

I'm 5' and had the same question. I know MBL is the shortest I want to be but I've seen a lot of WL hair around me lately and really like how it looked on those women. I figure I can always grow it out the WL and cut it back if I don't like it.

dlewis

I'm 5'7 with between MBL and WL hair. I've cut twice to maintain MBL hair. I was at waist in November and cut it back in Dec and Jan and I plan to cut again at the end of this month. With me caring for my own hair and with everything going on in my life right now MBL is fine for me at the moment.

Janet'

:perplexed Ahh...What a problem to have:rolleyes: Jus Saying...:look:Ok, but seriously, I am green with envy- in a good way, though:grin: You ladies are AWESOME!!!!:yep::yep::yep:

Fine 4s

I'd love to be full WL and I'm 5.1. From what I remember Traycee is short as well and possibly 5.2-5.4.

I want to FEEEEEEEL the weight of the hair just hanging down my back. Just as when I was a little girl and put tons of stockings on my head just so I could have enough legs hanging down my back. I can't believe I can actually achieve that childhood dream. Wow...

Krymsonkween

Ok y yall tempting the tallies???????????? :nono:This is so not fair. All I want is APL hair well MBL by Dec. N yall talking about all this hair:cry3: :roadrunner:
Yall r evil I tell just evil!!!!!! LOL I love the hair n can not wait to get there someday this year!

chelleypie810

my ultimate goal is bsl to mbl. I'm a short one too, 5'2 and wl would look ridiculous on me. I have a long torso with stubber legs so yea I dunno how wl would actually look.

donewit-it

I'm only 5'1" myself. My goal is WL by December 2010. I look like cousin IT now with only MBL. My sister just told me this weekend when I straightened it, that I need to do something with it. (Like style it, or cut it into layers)

I told her she was just jealous!:lachen:I was just joking of course, as she has a head of pretty hair also. But I'm on a mission to grow hair down my back. She has a cute relaxed bob with highlights. We are total opposites. Anywho.... Being natural I will have the best of both worlds. It will shrink up to my shoulders (to avoid that overwhelming head of hair) and when I straighten it, I will swang it in the people's faces! LOL:grin:

tmhuggiebear

I always subconsciously thought this to myself as well. I am also 5"0 and I can see WL hair on myself looking like "neglected long hair" instead of purposely grown out hair. Make sense? Also, I already look extremely young and I personally don't think WL hair would help my situation, lol.
I absolutely looove WL on more vertically gifted people though :yep:

I"m with you. I'm 4'11 and look like an infant. In my case WL hair probably won't help much either.

beans4reezy

I'd love to be full WL and I'm 5.1. From what I remember Traycee is short as well and possibly 5.2-5.4.

I want to FEEEEEEEL the weight of the hair just hanging down my back. Just as when I was a little girl and put tons of stockings on my head just so I could have enough legs hanging down my back. I can't believe I can actually achieve that childhood dream. Wow...

I used to do the same :lachen:. This is an encouraging post.