Hair actin' up?!

princessP28

Hair actin\' up?!

Okay...on friday after i washed my hair(conditioner wash) i finally got to try the coconut oil. I sectioned my hair, applied the oil to my scalp and hair and wet set my hair using magnetic rollers. The next day my hair was soooo soft(even the roots) with unbelievable shine, body and it was more straight...I couldnt keep my hands out of my head /images/graemlins/smile.gif
Unfortunately the next day(i.e. today) it didnt look anywhere near to yesterday...it wasnt as straight....sometimes when i touch my hair, pieces of hair come off and its not as soft.. i am soo sad what did i do wrong??? /images/graemlins/frown.gif heres my washing routine:
1. Pre hot oil treatment overnite
2. Rinse for a good 3 mins nd Condition wash with suave coconut conditioner
3. Used At One reconstructor for 25 mins in a heating cap
4.Followed with Elasta QP DPR-11
5. Applied Motions leave in
6. then proceeded to section my hair and apply the coconut oil to my scalp and hair....if i noticed my sections were getting dry i resprayed with motions leave-in.
Should i have done something different??
Please HELP /images/graemlins/confused.gif /images/graemlins/crazy.gif /images/graemlins/frown.gif

adrienne0914

Re: Hair actin\' up?!

i can't see anything that you did wrong. it could be that you need a setting lotion rather than the leave-in to make the set last longer. i'm just guessing though.

also, as hard as it may be to do, maybe you should keep your hands outta your head even though it feels so good... /images/graemlins/smile.gif

adrienne

Allandra

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
princessP28 said:
4. Followed with Elasta QP DPR-11

[/ QUOTE ]
Is the Elasta QP DPR-11 a moisturizing conditioner?

After using the At One reconstructor, I would have followed up with a good moisturizing conditioner.

adrienne0914

i thought the same thing, allandra. i looked it up at the Havana Beauty website. it does appear to be a moisturizing conditioner. here's the description for use:

Elasta QP DPR-11 Deep Penetrating Remoisturizer

Plant extracts, essential oils and vitamins penetrate hair. Moisturizing emollients renew moisture depleted hair, giving strength and elasticity. Peach Blossom Oil and Vitamin E soothe the scalp. Apply to hair, comb through. Place client with plastic cap under warm dryer for 15 minutes. Rinse thoroughly and proceed with styling. For extremely damaged, over-processed, or breaking hair, follow procedure above,and process for 25 minutes. Rinse thoroughly.

[/ QUOTE ]

adrienne

Pumpkin

Your hair sounds like mine. I occasionally have these mini disasters too. I have found that the more products I use the worse my hair comes out.
1. Pre hot oil treatment overnite
2. Rinse for a good 3 mins nd Condition wash with suave coconut conditioner
4.Followed with Elasta QP DPR-11

[/ QUOTE ]

This would be too much condiitioning for my hair. I suggest you use your reconstructor followed by a moisurizing conditioner for one week. The next week use the hot oil treatment. Less usually means better results for my hair. I know some products I have don't work well with others but are best when used alone.

princessP28

Thank you both for your replies...i've been using ELASTA QP deep penetrating remoisturizer-11 for a couple of weeks now and it really gives me a nice slip after the reconstructor /images/graemlins/smile.gif
Maybe its because i've been stressed this past week...I have exams to study for...I also havent found a good time span to allow between my protein treatments...is it okay to keep using a protein conditioner until the shedding stops? /images/graemlins/confused.gif my hair right now at this very moment is not shedding to the touch of my hand but it feels drier...harder to get my comb thru my hair this morning. Another thing the very first time i got my hair relaxed over the x-mas break it was texturized...my hair didnt take well so after 5 weeks i got a relaxer to straighten it completely...could it be that my hair is under processed?? HELP /images/graemlins/frown.gif

Pumpkin

Try using a more gentler protein conditioner. Try ORS Hair Mayo w/o heat or Motions CPR. I prefer the first. Other protein conditioners usually have my hair shedding like a dog. I actually had this shedding problem Wednesday and the only was I was able to correct it was to go to a Dominican salon and get a wash and set (no blow-out).

Also you may want to hold off on the proteins for awhile.

princessP28

You know Pumpkin you might be onto something...about 2 days after i wash my hair it always feels kinda heavy with product build up even though i try to minimize how much daily moisturizer i apply to my hair but with this weather it gets dry pretty quick so i carry a hair moisturizer where ever i go...elasta qp oil recovery....and only apply a tiny bit t the frizzy area...maybe i should also minimize the amount of conditioner...i wash my hair twice a week, use the hot oil once a week and usually i only use the suave contioner for no poo wash followed by the ELASTA QP DPR-11 and a leave in. i just want my hair to look and feel like it does after a wash for more than just a day...u know soft, moisturized, light and with lots of shine /images/graemlins/frown.gif

princessP28

Actually Pumpkin i havent used a protein treatment for about a month but this past week i've noticed i've been shedding more often than usual so for my last wash i decided to add the At one reconstructor to my routine since it worked so well in my hair last time but i dont know what happened this time?? /images/graemlins/frown.gifI've also used CPR before...it works well but i run out so i'm trying to use up what i have now before i go out and buy something else...the other protein cond. i have is UBH..i've only used it once and i experienced massive shedding so i'm taking a break from that one i think it was too strong for me...maybe it will work some other time

princessP28

anyone else know what i could do differently?? please i'm desperate /images/graemlins/angry2.gif Thanks in advance /images/graemlins/wink.gif