Hair care and growth for relaxed sista's

NewHairWOWeave

:nicethread:

I used Motions Moisture Plus Shampoo/Conditioner for years with no problems.

I tried Nexxus Therrappe/Nexxus Humectress last September and I quickly dumped Motions and haven't looked back! :lol:

I still use Motions CPR for my light protein.

My cowash conditioners are mainly Herbal Essences and Garnier.

My daily moisturizer is ORS Carrot Oil. I use NTM as needed.

Oils: Castor oil, EVCO, EVOO, and Hot Six Oil. I switch every once in a while.

I shampoo/dc 2x a week and cowash 2x a week. My hair loves water! :yep:

I protective-style (buns mostly) alot, but a week doesn't go by without me wearing my hair down at least once. :grin:

I don't use a brush or direct heat.

I self-relax every 14 weeks with Design Essentials Sensitive Scalp relaxer.

OP!!! YOU HAVE NO IDEA HOW MUCH I LOVE YOUR HAIR. I MAY ADOPT SOME OF YOU REGGIE :lol:. I DO NEED SOME INPUT ON MY REGGIE.

OKAY SOORRRY I JUST HAD A GROUPIE MOMENT:grin:

pre_medicalrulz

It Always Been About Hair!
I love Nexxus products. Especially their moisturizing shampoo. It doesn't leave my hair feeling stripped nor is it drying. :) :) :)

Sent from my LG-MS690 using LG-MS690

havilland

Magical Mythical Princess
Personally I love Vo5 clarifying conditioner instead of shampoo anymore.

I use Hairveda shampoo to remove build up from gel around my edges and I use the vo5 to gently clean my hair.

It works awesome and when I flat iron my hair Is light and fluffy. Not weighed down

Sent from my iPhone while out living my best life!

LaidBak

So often are y'all washing your hair with shampoo? And co-washing? I am really trying to get my hair back on track! I wanna be waist length

I work indoors so my hair really gets "dirty". I only wet my hair when I need to remove excess product and refresh my hair. So maybe every three days in the summer to once a week in the winter. I don't cowash for the sake of cowashing, but I will skip shampoo if I'm just rinsing out excess oil or something like that.

Veeda

Hello Ladies.

I must say that this site has made me more aware of how I take care of my hair. I've been taking care of my hair un-consciencely. Although I was using good products, giving myself regular trims and dustings, DCs, wet sets 99% of the time, etc., I was leaving it up to the Lord to manage my length and health.:grin: I never tracked my relaxer touch-ups, never used essential & carrier oils, never measured my hair (to track growth and to see if what I was doing was working), never used products that would stimulate hair growth and thickness (my hair grows pretty well, so I thought, and it's pretty healthy), etc. I am absolutely amazed at how much I was not aware of. I want to say THANK YOU to all of you all and I hope I can help others as you all have helped me. With that being said, let me tell you all what I did last night. See attached photos of products I used last night and my hair today.

~ I washed my hair with Suave Daily Clarifying Shampoo twice($1.00 at Family Dollar)
~ Applied Megatek (Protein) and left on my hair for 1 1/2 hrs.
~ Applied Dark & Lovely's Moisture Rich conditioner (Moisturizer) (have tons left over from relaxer kits. Sat under the dryer for 20 mins.
~ Did an Apple Cider Vinegar Rinse. Left on my hair for 15 mins.
~ Sprayed on Alphagee ProVitamin leavin-in condition and Fabu-Silk setting lotion (tons left over from relaxer kits.)
~ Used mesh rollers and end papers to wet set my hair. Before this sit, I would use the magnetic rollers and it took 2 hrs & 15 mins to dry my hair. Reading this sit, I discovered mesh rollers and it only takes a little over a hour to dry now. I luv ya soooo much!:spinning:
~ Once hair hair was dry, I oiled and messaged my scalp with the Jamaican Black castor oil.
~ I then placed a little of the Doo Gro Stimulating Growth Oil and ran it along my hair shaft and ends.
~ Final step was to wrap my hair and tie with my sating wrap cap.

I will resume my MN mixture on Sunday. (I just gave myself a touchup on Mother's Day (Sun, May 13th)

Before finding this site, I would stick to one product line. I now know that I don't have to in order to get good results.

My hair feels and looks FABULOUS today!!!!!!! It doesn't look fabulous to often because I take tae kwon do 6 days a week and my hair is mostly in pony tails.

I hoped I've helped someone with my post, as you all have helped me.

Happy Hair Growing...

Attachments

• 2012-05-17_07-26-18_826.jpg
    2012-05-17_07-26-18_826.jpg
    334.9 KB · Views: 60
  • Back of hair - 5-17-12.jpg
    Back of hair - 5-17-12.jpg
    504 KB · Views: 102

Voicediva

My hair is fine too and breaks easily. Do you have roller breakage? What type of rollers do you use? I would like to try it.

sunnieb

I've changed a bit since I posted in here, so I wanted to update:

I used Motions Moisture Plus Shampoo/Conditioner for years with no problems.

>>>Update: I don't use this shampoo or conditioner anymore.

I tried Nexxus Therrappe/Nexxus Humectress last September and I quickly dumped Motions and haven't looked back!

>>>Update: Yep! I still use both of these and my hair still responds well. :yep:

I still use Motions CPR for my light protein.

>>>Update: I still use Motions CPR.

My cowash conditioners are mainly Herbal Essences and Garnier.

>>>Update: I've dropped all HE and Garnier conditioners for my cowashes. I'm a total WEN girl now! :grin:

My daily moisturizer is ORS Carrot Oil. I use NTM as needed.

>>>Update: I still use both, but I'm looking for an alternative to the Carrot Oil since they've changed the formula and it's not a black-owned business. :look:

Oils: Castor oil, EVCO, EVOO, and Hot Six Oil. I switch every once in a while.

>>>Update: I still use EVOO with all of my dc's. Don't really use the other oils much anymore.

I shampoo/dc 2x a week and cowash 2x a week. My hair loves water!

>>>Update: Wow! I was washing alot back then! Dc twice a week! :lol: Now I wash 3x a week: honey treatment, cowash, shampoo/dc

I protective-style (buns mostly) alot, but a week doesn't go by without me wearing my hair down at least once.

>>>Update: Still do this.

I don't use a brush or direct heat.

>>>Update: Still do this

I self-relax every 14 weeks with Design Essentials Sensitive Scalp relaxer.

>>>Update: I still self-relax with DE, but now I go 20 weeks.