Relaxed Ladies...how do you increase/maintain growth?

grow

hmmm tell me more about these scalp massages. any specific technique?

i know some ladies use machines, so i can't speak for the others, but personally, i just place both fingertip pads of my hands on my head and move my scalp, not my fingertip pads.

this gives me the feeling that my scalp is moving around on my skull and not the feeling of my fingertips scratching my scalp.

when massaging in this manner, i can see my forehead move up and down as i massage, which for me, is better than just my hands moving back and forth. it's also less tiresome for my hands, although i frequently switch hands, too.

LaidBak

I like to scratch and massage. (Some on here call it 'scritching') Afterward my whole scalp feels invigorated. My aim is to increase circulation.

sunnieb

* dc 2x a week
* cowashing
* only allow direct heat with relaxer touchups
* trimming damaged ends (I just had 2 inches trimmed a few months ago and I love it!)
* protective styling at least 4 days a week
* stretching relaxers
* light protein dc weekly
* moisture, moisture, moisture! Never letting my hair dry out.

Supergirl

With Love & Silk
With relaxed hair, I'd say you have to build up a head of healthy relaxed hair. If mistreated hair that's been on your head a while is still there, it will take some time for that hair to be overhauled and progress might be slow going until that happens. Hope that makes sense.

Nix08

Relaxed, 4B
I've retained most of my growth with:
Regular DC
Low manipulation
Accepting protein as my friend
Stretching relaxers

I've lately been retaining even more hair by:
regular co washing
finger detangling
steaming

marta9227

Bunning Bunning Bunning! Lol! Moisturizing and or sealing twice a day and no direct heat except for every 2 months with touch up for length check/splitender. I stayed at SL for years and then figured out what I was doing wrong (thanks lhcf) and went from SL to APL in about 4 months. BSL here I come!

Sent from my LG Optimus M using LG Optimus M

marta9227

Oh, and I forgot one of the most important things! Baggying has really helped me out! I need to get a pic of the back of my head, which probably won't be til my next touch up next month, so you can only see the front layers in my profile pic, but I'm APL in the back, thanks to bunning, moisture, saying no to heat and baggying!!

Last edited:

belldandy

low to no heat
moisturize and seal daily
deep conditioning
stretching and texlaxing

these have helped me tons

silenttullip

When I was relaxed I maintain by low manipulation...
Washing 1-2x a month, keeping it covered at night,
putting the sinful pink oil on my ends to seal and scritching