HAIR CONDITIONER as a FABRIC SOFTNER....

LongHairNWaiting

Well Ladies, I know we are here to spread the news about hair! I've read the majority of these posts UP/DOWN and BACK/FORTH researching -- but this is one that I have not seen!

I ran into this information while surfing another site (shhhhh don't tell my boss..:lachen:) and I wanted to share.

I can not tell you if it works or not :perplexed, but for those who have allergic reactions (such as I am going through right now due to MSM), it might work!

Here is goes....

Here is a CHEAP and EASY alternative to that pricy liquid fabric softner. This is a very simple solution that is certianly more natural than all the chemicals you are putting in your clothes with the store bought fabric softner and works even better! I got the hair conditioner on sale (really cheap brand) for .89cents, and of course vinegar is about $2.00 for the 1/2 gallon size so this is MUCH cheaper and "greener"!
Instructions
Difficulty: Easy
Things You'll Need
3 C vinegar
2 C hair conditioner (any kind)
6 C water

Steps
Step One: in a seal able container (if you have a couple old liquid fabric softener containers, those work well), combine 2 cups hair conditioner (I use a regular sized bottle- a little less than 2 cups), 3 cups vinegar, and 6 cups water

Step Two:mix all ingredients together

Step Three: store in air tight container.

Step Four: use same amount you would use with regular liquid fabric softener

Feel free to add any input if you have tried this method!

Back