Hair Dusting Billboard in NYC?

NYC Ladies, I was on my way to JFK and I noticed a billboard giving the definition of dusting! If my memory is correct it was purple. I think it also referenced euBEST??? Dunno what that is..

I was so shocked to see it up there and I figured it must be advertising a great salon. Whatever salon understands that concept I want to be that stylist's chair.

The car was moving so fast, I did not get a chance to see what the actual product or advertising sponsor was.. :(

Anyone know of this billboard or what it was advertising? Its been buggin me.

Thanks!
Serenity

Closer1 said:
were you on the belt or the Van wyck. I will be there tomorrow morning. I will tell you.

Oh..I wish I knew. I was coming from Manhattan, Grand Central Station and on one of those expressways..It was on the left hand side.

Thanks!!

adequate said:
What IS dusting?

Dusting is cutting appro 1/8 - 1/12 of an inch from your ends to maintian your hair. It can be done to search and destroy split ends or to keep up your trims. Many people consider a trim to be 1-2 inches. When you dust, you dont notice much of a difference. Most scissor happy stylists just cant understand this concept.

Hey!!!

I went back to the city and got the information from the Billboard...check out this salon:

www.dustyourhair.com

It looks like they have the dusting concept down...NY Ladies, have you been to NuBest Salon - It does seem pricey, but to have a whole marketing campaign on dusting and anti-cuts maybe it may be worth it get a real "trim"

I wonder if our dusting = what we wish we had when we ask for a trim and get a cut

OR

If their dustings = 1/8 snips off of your ends?

Anyone been there? I have to admit, I am tempted. Even if they dont appear to be very ethinc.

From the site:

"Dusting is now a good thing. Everyone will be doing it. What is "Dusting" Long hair is safe thanks to Nubest Salon and Spa and their exclusive new service called "Dusting". Dusting is the perfect soloutin for clients who want to maintain their existing hair lenght and style. Dusting is the elimination of dead ends from the hair. Only the very tips are affected. Dusting is a unique process because it is done on DRY hair as opposed to wet hair. Dusting gets its name form the dust-like particles that are released into the air during the service"

YES :yay:

"The dusting process begins with a thorough shampooing and followed up with an intense conditioning. Hair must be cleansed of any product residue that can leave hair dull and lifeless.

Then the hair is carefully blown out so that the lines of the existing cut are clear to the stylist. Scissors are used instead of a razor and the hair is lightly "dusted" Cost = $55."

I AM SOLD EVEN IF THEY ARE "DISCOVERING" SOMETHING WE HAVE BEEN DOING FOR YEARS!!

I am so tempted. Apparently it's in Long Island.
The only thing I'm scared of is whose perception of "dead hair" is getting cut. My dry hair might all be viewed as dead.:lol:
Maybe I'll go when it's in its optimum conditioning state. I've been needing a dusting for a loooooooooong time and my attempts to do it myself have been futile.
I'm scared to go to someone else who'll CHOP it off!!!

RootPunch,

I hear you on that one. Hopefully someone has gone and experienced positive results. The fact that they cut dry hair is a good thing. I may go in the next couple of months. I am back in Miami :(

Serenity

Keep me posted if you know of anyone who goes.

Maybe that SOMEONE will be me though:). I'll give a review if I go; but I know I won't be going anytime soon............. My hair is parched!

I only get my hair dusted. 1-2 inches is a cut to me.

But why are they charging $55 to cut of 1/8-1/2 inch????
They done lost their marbles :)lol:) for that one.

Sigh, my old stylist used to dust my hair. Kept those ends looking thick and healthy too. she used to charge $20 for a dust and I thought that was outrageous. $55? Better come with some lunch, coffee, something!

Wow. That is so cool. Thanks for sharing!!!

I was JUST thinking to myself the other day....what if salon services offered DUSTING in addition to trims and cuts? I'd probably be open to making trips to the salon on a more regular basis!

Does anyone think the dusting concept will catch on and start to be offered as a regular service in salons?

I think it can catch on if we as clients educate our stylists about it and then demand that they do it.

Back