hair growth questions

CICI24

I was just thinking about ways to help my hair growth along and I wanted know what is the most growth everyone has gotten in a months time? the most I ever got was 2 inches in the 3c area of my head. Do you think hair texture has anything to do with how fast your hair grows? My hair grows faster in the 3c area than in the 4a area.

VALLEYGIRL

you are just able to see the growth more in the looser/3c sections of your hair b/c the shrinkage is less. It is hard to see growth on 4a hair in it's natural state b/c of the shrinkage.

Hair texture doesn't have anything to do with hair growth.

Valleygirl

adrienne0914

i don't know if it does or not, but i think the most i've ever gotten in a month is a half inch... /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

adrienne

sweetcocoa

I get on average an inch a month when it's warm and 1/2-3/4 inch when it's cold. I don't think one texture grows faster than the other...you get more shrinkage with 4(texture) than you do with 2 or 3, so it looks shorter. Also the tighter the curl, the more easily it can get tangled and break a little. But if you are gentle with your hair, you should be getting the same amount of growth all over.

Valerie

I have to agree with the Ladies on this one. Hair texture has nothing to do with hair. I am getting on average one inch per month. I have type 4b hair.

pebbles

I used to get 1/4 inch regularly. Since starting the vitamins, I've noticed 1/2 an inch of new growth in a little over 3 weeks. I have combination 4a/b hair. I also think sections of my hair grow faster than others.

beawo

I must say, some you guys are getting alot of growth, my hair only grows 1/4-1/2 inch a month.

Nanyanika

I have natural 4a/4b hair, on average I receive a growth rate of inch to an inch an a half per month, due to the regular consumption of vitamins and minerals in my present diet. The ways in which you can increase hair growth, is through a balanced healthy diet rich in vitamins and minerals, good hair care; meaning little or no heat, no brushing and no rough combing. Avoid chemicals where-ever possible, moisturize hair daily. Hope this helps.