Hair growth rate

Isis

I haven't been doing this but I would assume by measuring new growth from the day of a relaxer retouch and checking it again in a month.

inthepink

What I've done is measure my amount of new growth and divide that by the number of months without a relaxer...or just take a measurement one month and then another measurement the next month.

dontspeakdefeat

Hair Coach
[ QUOTE ]
hairlove said:
What I've done is measure my amount of new growth and divide that by the number of months without a relaxer...or just take a measurement one month and then another measurement the next month.

[/ QUOTE ]
That's an interesting way to do it!

Serei

When you say you measure yoru new growth, does that mean you measure the new growth itself or measure all of your hair?

dontspeakdefeat

Hair Coach
I do it both ways Serei! When I do, I measure the actual newgrowth before a relaxer. After the relax is done I measurre the entire length. Well at least that is what I used to do. I haven't been doing much measuring lately. I am just letting my hair do it's thing.

Tebby1017

[ QUOTE ]
dontspeakdefeat said:
I do it both ways Serei! When I do, I measure the actual newgrowth before a relaxer. After the relax is done I measurre the entire length. Well at least that is what I used to do. I haven't been doing much measuring lately. I am just letting my hair do it's thing.

[/ QUOTE ]

I might have to try that method myself.

Tebby

skegeesmb

I measure my hair every month for 6 months, and then I divide the number for example say I measure my hair and it's 16 inches one month, 16.75 the next month, 17.5 inches, 18.25 inches, 19 inches, 19.75 inches, I would add those numbers up giving me: 107.25 divide that number by 12 to get your yearly growth rate: 107.25/12=8.93 inches a year. Divide that number by 12 which will roughly give you an estimate of how your hair might possibly grow a year: 8.93/12=.74 inches a month, a little more than half an inch a month.

If you keep a journal it will be easy to moniter your progress.

Nacai23

[ QUOTE ]
skegeesmb said:
I measure my hair every month for 6 months, and then I divide the number for example say I measure my hair and it's 16 inches one month, 16.75 the next month, 17.5 inches, 18.25 inches, 19 inches, 19.75 inches, I would add those numbers up giving me: 107.25 divide that number by 12 to get your yearly growth rate: 107.25/12=8.93 inches a year. Divide that number by 12 which will roughly give you an estimate of how your hair might possibly grow a year: 8.93/12=.74 inches a month, a little more than half an inch a month.

If you keep a journal it will be easy to moniter your progress.

[/ QUOTE ]

I do this also

queenofmean68

Just the new growth. I was wondering if anyone took a piece of hair and measured from the bulb, or non relaxed hair to the point of where the hair is actually relaxed.

Supergirl

With Love & Silk
I used to rip out a strand and measure the wavy part. It came out to the average 1/2 inch/month that most people get.