Hair growth rate

I haven't been doing this but I would assume by measuring new growth from the day of a relaxer retouch and checking it again in a month.

What I've done is measure my amount of new growth and divide that by the number of months without a relaxer...or just take a measurement one month and then another measurement the next month.

[ QUOTE ]
hairlove said:
What I've done is measure my amount of new growth and divide that by the number of months without a relaxer...or just take a measurement one month and then another measurement the next month.

[/ QUOTE ]
That's an interesting way to do it!

When you say you measure yoru new growth, does that mean you measure the new growth itself or measure all of your hair?

I do it both ways Serei! When I do, I measure the actual newgrowth before a relaxer. After the relax is done I measurre the entire length. Well at least that is what I used to do. I haven't been doing much measuring lately. I am just letting my hair do it's thing.

[ QUOTE ]
dontspeakdefeat said:
I do it both ways Serei! When I do, I measure the actual newgrowth before a relaxer. After the relax is done I measurre the entire length. Well at least that is what I used to do. I haven't been doing much measuring lately. I am just letting my hair do it's thing.

[/ QUOTE ]

I might have to try that method myself.

Tebby

I measure my hair every month for 6 months, and then I divide the number for example say I measure my hair and it's 16 inches one month, 16.75 the next month, 17.5 inches, 18.25 inches, 19 inches, 19.75 inches, I would add those numbers up giving me: 107.25 divide that number by 12 to get your yearly growth rate: 107.25/12=8.93 inches a year. Divide that number by 12 which will roughly give you an estimate of how your hair might possibly grow a year: 8.93/12=.74 inches a month, a little more than half an inch a month.

If you keep a journal it will be easy to moniter your progress.

[ QUOTE ]
skegeesmb said:
I measure my hair every month for 6 months, and then I divide the number for example say I measure my hair and it's 16 inches one month, 16.75 the next month, 17.5 inches, 18.25 inches, 19 inches, 19.75 inches, I would add those numbers up giving me: 107.25 divide that number by 12 to get your yearly growth rate: 107.25/12=8.93 inches a year. Divide that number by 12 which will roughly give you an estimate of how your hair might possibly grow a year: 8.93/12=.74 inches a month, a little more than half an inch a month.

If you keep a journal it will be easy to moniter your progress.

[/ QUOTE ]

I do this also
smile.gif

Just the new growth. I was wondering if anyone took a piece of hair and measured from the bulb, or non relaxed hair to the point of where the hair is actually relaxed.

I used to rip out a strand and measure the wavy part. It came out to the average 1/2 inch/month that most people get.

Back