Hair Keeps Shedding And Falling Out.

This month's is my one year hair anniversary of my relaxed hair journey. For the past 6 months my hair has been shedding and falling out. I've tried everything, aghogee 2 step, hair mayo, leave ins but my hair isn't getting better. Every time I go to the shower or detangle I get hair everywhere. I don't know what's causing this. I feel defeated and want to give up.

ms.blue

It could either your protein/ moisture is off or maybe you had a bad relaxer. How often you do deep condition? Moisturize and seal? How often do you relax your hair?

It could either your protein/ moisture is off or maybe you had a bad relaxer. How often you do deep condition? Moisturize and seal? How often do you relax your hair?

Right now I upgraded to DC every week. I moisturize and seal every night. Haven't relaxed since April 2016. Going to relax at the end of this month.
I think my hair stretches but doesn't return back.

sarumoki

Epicurean Empress
What have you been doing differently with your hair in the past six months?
Have you seen a doctor about possibly being deficient in any vitamins/minerals?
Are you allergic to anything in any of the products that you use?
Are you sure it's shedding and not breakage? If you're using Aphogee which is a protein treatment maybe you're getting too much protein in your hair. Maybe your hair was damaged when you got the corrective. Maybe you're having breakage at the line of demarcation, if you haven't relaxed since April.

What have you been doing differently with your hair in the past six months?

I've been trying different products and changing my regimem. Trying to figure out the cause of my hair coming out.
Have you seen a doctor about possibly being deficient in any vitamins/minerals?
No. But I will now
Are you allergic to anything in any of the products that you use?

I don't think so. I used argan oil shampoo and Cantu leave in. My hair hated it so I don't use it anymore.
Are you sure it's shedding and not breakage? If you're using Aphogee which is a protein treatment maybe you're getting too much protein in your hair. Maybe your hair was damaged when you got the corrective.

When I put in my virgin relaxer, my hair was under process. I went to a hair salon for a corrective relaxer but she relaxed my whole head again. Someone posted I might not be getting enough protein. So I recently started using more protein along with moisturizing and sealing every night and using leave ins.

Maybe you're having breakage at the line of demarcation, if you haven't relaxed since April.

I'm scared to relax if I don't know what's causing my hair loss. IM going to do a protein treatment with aphogee this month and then might relax again.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Are you sure you were neutralized properly?

A lot of times poor neturalization during that process can lead to shedding/breakage because the chemical is still actively processing your hair.

It is very, very important to fully neutralize your hair.

Also, how close was the Corrective? Old Relaxer?

All these things should be taken into consideration.

Are you sure you were neutralized properly?

A lot of times poor neturalization during that process can lead to shedding/breakage because the chemical is still actively processing your hair.

It is very, very important to fully neutralize your hair.

Also, how close was the Corrective? Old Relaxer?

All these things should be taken into consideration.
My last relaxer was in a salon. I use ors olive oil relaxer and I will neutralize 2-3 times.

sarumoki

Epicurean Empress
@Purpleroses1010

When you DC weekly, what conditioner are you using? If it is the hair mayo, then I think you may be using too much protein in your regimen between that and the 2 step.

Also, what is the porosity of your hair? 2 step is an acidic product and if your hair is low porosity then using more acidic products will only close the hair shaft even further, so even if you are moisturizing properly the products just might not be getting in.

You say that the breakage happens whenever you detangle during a wash. What is your detangling technique like?

Did you do the virgin relaxer yourself? Which relaxer did you use and which one did they use at the salon? If it was two different relaxers then I can see that causing a problem.

@Purpleroses1010

When you DC weekly, what conditioner are you using? If it is the hair mayo, then I think you may be using too much protein in your regimen between that and the 2 step.

I only used the 2 step and hair mayo once. Just to try it. It was last week. I think the results are ok. Less shedding. So I should only use one?

Also, what is the porosity of your hair? 2 step is an acidic product and if your hair is low porosity then using more acidic products will only close the hair shaft even further, so even if you are moisturizing properly the products just might not be getting in.

Can you recommend something else?

You say that the breakage happens whenever you detangle during a wash. What is your detangling technique like?

Most breakage happens when it's wet. So when I wash or DC my hair. Some breakage happens when I moisturize and seal and detangle.

Did you do the virgin relaxer yourself? Which relaxer did you use and which one did they use at the salon? If it was two different relaxers then I can see that causing a problem.

Yes. It was ors. For my corrective I think the professionalone was used. The stylist said she wanted my hair straight. She also rerealxed my ends twice. I told her not to. I'm doing it myself for now on.

LiftedUp

This was happening to me. My hairdresser specifically asked me, "What's going on with you? What is stressing you out so much!". Even she noticed. I have been feeling stressed these past couple of weeks. However, since taking MSM, my hair shedding has greatly reduced to about 2 strands each day. I'm still feeling stressed out though :look:

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
I still say there could be many factors that caused this.

The Corrective in general. Overlapping. Over processing. The two different relaxers didn't agree with your hair.

You said she relaxed your ends twice? How did she do that? Smoothing or Combing the relaxer through? Relaxer should never be applied from root to tip.

Relaxer should only be applied to NG.