Hair line disappearing

L

lkg4healthyhair

My hair line has always been thin but I think my time has come. It is just going. I use the Nioxin follicule booster on my hair line twice a day, but I just started doing this recently. I used to use it once a week when I washed it.

Has anyone used this product and got results?

Are there any other products that will help with the hair line?

Has anyone used Follicure capsules for thinning hair?

Thanks

L

LaNecia

Wow, I can really empathize with you on this one.

While mine is not 100% recovered, and probably won't be because of MANY MANY MANY years of over processing, too tight pony tails & braids, :whip: I've made a significant recovery over the past year without really trying too hard.

I've not personally had much success w/the Nioxin products but was never very consistent with them at all. For me, the single most thing that made the most difference was NO RELAXER application. I stayed in braids and kept those moisturized around the hairline and didn't let the braider braid them too tightly. I'd rather have my hair poufy BUT HAVE HAIR than have it stick straight and be bald.

Since last year, I've been on again/off again (currently on) with the Surge and WGO which has helped A LOT ALSO. Scalp massage (but I'm horrible w/my consistency on these).

Lastly, my food intake has changed a lot and I've been taking my vitamins. If I find my old pictures of my hairline BEFORE I'll send them to you and you can compare them beside my current pictures.

They aren't things you let just anyone see! :nono::lol:

So be encouraged, there's a lot of help to be found here.

HHG!

simcha

I've never tried Nioxin but when my hairline was disappearing I found that it was the relaxer. Some relaxers were just too strong or were being left on too long.

sharee

I tried surge for two months and it did not work for my edges but was great for the rest of my hair. Early this month, I started using nixion twice a day on the advice of another lhcf member. Her advice was to wash the edges (using a squirt bottle if you don't wash your whole head) then apply the follicle booster. Also do not perm the edges if you can avoid it or apply the relaxer to them last (I am wouldn't perm them at all until they strengthen).

I have been using it twice a day. I noticed results in less than 2 weeks. I did not wash but just wet the edges and applied the follicle booster twice a day it has been working for me. By the way, I was pretty much completely bald on the sides. I have been using nioxin for about 3 weeks. I also heard that the biotin creme by Nexxus is good too but I still have a full bottle of nioxin so I am not switching anytime soon.

blkmaryland

I have never used any growht enhancers but I also stopped relaxing and my front got better. I'm like LaNecia....I'd rather have a frizzy front then no front at all.

sharee

blkmaryland said:
I have never used any growht enhancers but I also stopped relaxing and my front got better. I'm like LaNecia....I'd rather have a frizzy front then no front at all.

Me too!! Fuzzy frizz beats bald anyday!!! :)

zigzag1

lkg4healthyhair

I know how you feel and am also on the quest for something for the hair line. Have you tried/considered ORS temple balm, Nexxus biotn creme?

sharee
Are you only using the nioxin follicule booster. How about the shampoo conditioner etc.

Lanecia

Girl I understand about not showing some things - I wear a headband to cover my hair line and temples. LOL

L

LaNecia

zigzag1 said:
lkg4healthyhair

I know how you feel and am also on the quest for something for the hair line. Have you tried/considered ORS temple balm, Nexxus biotn creme?

sharee
Are you only using the nioxin follicule booster. How about the shampoo conditioner etc.

Lanecia

Girl I understand about not showing some things - I wear a headband to cover my hair line and temples. LOL

This year I started wearing my phony tail while I grow out (so I can do more CO washes and hair moisturizing and the baggie method) and I used to A-L-W-A-Y-S wear a head band to cover the spots.... Granted it's not perfect, but it is A LOT better!

I'm curious about the Biotin Creme as well but until I use up my supply of products at home and see how they work, I won't buy anything new, regardless of the claims.

Well, I'm not wearing one now! I believe it is truly the result of the things I have learned from the really wonderful ladies on LHCF that has made it possible. They've made me spend a lot of money too but that's another story!!:grin:

L

lkg4healthyhair

Thanks ladies I really appreciate the comments. I have already decided not to relax my hair line anymore. In the past I would section close to the front away from the rest of my hair that was being relazed and let them do the very front last but I think I will not let them do it at all going forward.

I will try the Nexxus creme. The temple Balm did not work for me at all. I did use an oil called PC (palma christi) oil when my hair line started to thin in the past and it really worked for me. I will give it a try as well.

The rest of my hair look really healthy (although really fine).

Thanks again.

sharee

zigzag1 said:
lkg4healthyhair

sharee

Lanecia

I am only using the follicle booster.

sharee

MissJ said:
Rogaine works wonders!!!

MissJ I heard that once you stop using Rogaine then your hair falls out!!! That is why I didn't go there...is this true? What was your experience?

nurseN98

Ayiti cherie
I haven't used the product you mentioned but I have been using the Nexxus Biotin Creme and I am starting to see results from using that every couple of days, WGO/DGO combo and scalp massages. Trust me, I'm not even that vigilent but I'm seeing little hairs pop up on my hairline and they're getting longer!!

LABETT

I grew back in my bald spots and thin hairline with Nioxin Follicle Booster.
I bought tried the Nioxin poo and conditioner but had better results using ORS shampoo and Hair Mayo with the Follicle Booster.
I saw results in two weeks my hairline is has completely recovered and the new hair in that area is a different texture than the rest of my hair.
Sharee I am glad my advice worked for you (YAH)
The key is not to relax you hairline until you have enough newgrowth.

Ronda123

sharee said:
MissJ I heard that once you stop using Rogaine then your hair falls out!!! That is why I didn't go there...is this true? What was your experience?

I have tried Rogaine for women and nioxin products, with no noticeable results. Once, I stopped relaxing my hair, my hairline started growing and is a lot thicker. :)

BLESSED1

What worked for my hair was surge14, transitioning, biotin, daily scalp massages spending an extra 5-10mins on the hairline area :)

BLESSED1

Oh also I had to "fire" my braiders, I used to love wearing my real hair in little cornrows and adding on box-braid extensions but my braiders were from the school of "if you want it to last then I gotta braid so tight that you won't be able to blink for 3 days". Now I don't wear those styles often and when I do I do it myself cuz I know what is too tight for me :)

ChosenbyGod

A sister at my church was having problems with her hairline and she told me that she uses essential oils on her hairline and she said she is getting growth. That along with lots of prayer ;)

butterfli

BLESSED1 said:
What worked for my hair was surge14, transitioning, biotin, daily scalp massages spending an extra 5-10mins on the hairline area :)

I had BALD spots in the front of my hair from literally having braids pulled out of my hair. That was the first of January. I have been using Surge on the spots twice a day and then massage Biotin creme on the large spots. I have been doing that for almost a month now daily and have seen my hair grow back and thicken in the spots that were "shiny" bald and that I thought could not grow back hair because there was none there. It has worked for me. I have been tempted to try the follice product, but since what I am using has been working I am staying with it. I have had to wear quick weaves and a scarf everyday because I could not wear it out because of completely bald spots. I hope that you find something that helps because I can feel your pain. I am natural and even though my hair is extremely thick the spots were really bad. I think that by the middle of Feb. or the end I will be able to take the quick weave off and wear my hair out (crossing my fingers) because it is growing in so well. I spray the Surge, massage it in, let it dry a bit, and then massage the Biotin Creme in. Hope this helps.

Jaelin

I was using temple balm alone and saw a little progress, I'm sure I would have seen more if I used it according to the directions. I started on surge this month and the trouble spots at my hairline have dramtically improved.

I want to use the temple balm with surge but I am afraid of mixing them so I am sticking to surge alone for now.