Hair Loss Help.

nlv

A couple weeks ago I went to a salon and got a custom wig cap made and sewn onto my natural hair. I had two caps on so no glue got on my hair. The perimeter was sewn down. My hair wasn't tight (she left out some edges per request) and the install looked nice.

Fast forward to today (2 weeks later): Stylist told me to take my cap down in a couple weeks (today) and when I went to take my hair down and unravel my braids I noticed that I have a small bald spot in a spot right above my crown. My crown and edges weren't pulled out either. The bald spot is red and it now itches. I contacted the stylist, sent a picture and her response was that I pulled my hair out taking it down and that I needed to do treatments to get the hair to grow back. I explained to her that I was very gentle taking my hair out and that I noticed the spot after I took out my braids and she insists that she is a professional and blah blah. She also insists that the glue could've pulled my hair out which is false because I did not have any glue on my hair and she used two caps when glueing on the wefts before she sewed it onto my hair. Now she's asking if my family has a history of thyroid problems. My hair is also shedding and breaking off badly. I'm natural.

What are my options? Advice? I'm so distraught.

Last edited:

dachsies_rule!

I've never worn an install so maybe some of the other ladies can help u with that...but I would suggest taking pictures in case u have to take her to court. She had way too many excuses for why it wasn't her fault *smh*

manter26

She used two stocking caps? Glue can definitely get through two nylon caps so it's not a stretch to believe the glue was the cause...

What other products did she use, maybe you had an allergy? How did you treat your hair when the weave was on?

nlv

manter26 said:
She used two stocking caps? Glue can definitely get through two nylon caps so it's not a stretch to believe the glue was the cause...

What other products did she use, maybe you had an allergy? How did you treat your hair when the weave was on?

All of my hair was hidden under the caps. I couldn't get to it. She used two thick stocking caps. They weren't nylon. The wefts were already dried onto the caps when she sewed it on.

nlv

dachsies_rule! said:
I've never worn an install so maybe some of the other ladies can help u with that...but I would suggest taking pictures in case u have to take her to court. She had way too many excuses for why it wasn't her fault *smh*

I have photos. I'm going to see if the hair loss is permanent first then go from there. I was searching through threads and I think I'm going to try Nonie's alopecia mix.

manter26

All of my hair was hidden under the caps. I couldn't get to it. She used two thick stocking caps. They weren't nylon. The wefts were already dried onto the caps when she sewed it on.

Oh ok, must not be the glue then. It could be tension from braiding or scratching or an irritation from a product...

I would clarify your hair really well. Do a protein treatment and follow with a DC. Maybe that will help with the breakage.