Hair Loss - shedding, breaking or both?

diamondlady

I don't update my album very often because of all the hair drama. I added a couple of pictures and documented my hair loss.

I think it not shedding because now I see little short hairs all over my head and my hair is not as thin close to the root.

Ladies, let me know what you think.

http://www.picturetrail.com/diamondlady3

kitchen_tician

Your hair looks great! You've made lots of progress. As far as the shedding, I'm sorry to hear about your hair loss, but it looks pretty normal to me. I guess it depends on what's considered normal for your hair. :ohwell:

diamondlady

Pebbles, thanks for the encouragement.

Kitchen tician, are you really serious? It really looks normal to you? I was just wondering if I have something to worry about. My hair is really a LOT thinner than it use to be. I've never had this much hair loss. When I went to the dermotologist and he didn't think it was normal but he didn't help either.

Does anyone else lose this much hair?

Crystalicequeen123

I've been noticing more shedding in my hair recently too ever since my last relaxer. I stretched to 14 weeks, I did a pre-relaxer treatment with emergencee, and co washes, and I had my second application of a mild relaxer with shea butter (I used to use regular strength) at my salon. But after, I started to notice a lot of shedding. And even now, everytime the comb goes through my hair, I get tons of sheds. :-/ I don't know what's wrong!! I know EVERYONE sheds hairs daily. But I never used to shed like this!!

Plus, like Diamondlady mentioned, I'm starting to see short strands of hair sheds. I'm wondering if my hair is getting too strong now that I have been using a mild relaxer instead of a regular strength relaxer lately? I know I'm starting to feel thicker hair at the roots. Plus, I've been stretching. But I"m just about a few weeks post relaxer. I shouldn't be shedding like THIS!! H-E-L-P!!!!

Champagne_Wishes

A broke graduate
It looks okay to me also. Plus keep in mind that your hair is longer so it apears that you are shedding hair a lot more. Well I hope it stops for you.

diamondlady

I'm so surprised that my hair loss seems not to be excessive to some of you. I've had long hair before and never loss hair like I'm doing now. My hair is really thin and that's something new I have to contend with.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I really don't think so. I think maybe you ladies are trying to make me feel better about a bad situation.

Thanks to all that responded.

My hair seems to shed alot too. But i think it has less to do with mis-managing it and more with the fact that I wear it pinned up most of the time. I don't really brush my hair all that much so when i do get it done, a whole lot of hair ends up on the floor.