SURPRISED BY PHOTO!!!!

diamondlady

I have been discouraged and hurt by events that happened to my hair since December 2003. An unauthorized cut by my stylist, followed by shedding and breakage that I can't seem to stop. Right now I'm in braids so the despair of seeing my hair on the sink is something I don't have to face everyday.

I wore my hair down to a wedding on Valentine's Day (10 weeks post relaxer). I was asked by a friend if it was a weave. I was pleasantly shocked because of all the set backs, I've been feeling kinda bad about my hair, not to mention, totally depressed.

Then I saw this photo and I thought,
"My hair doesn't look too bad". I cropped it and thought I would share it with my friends at LHCF, after all I have been sharing all my problems.

Take a look, it's the first photo in "My First Album 2003" www.picturetrail.com/diamondlady3

bimbabe

Diamondlady your hair looks great and healthy from the photos.

The shedding may just be seasonal and as a relaxed head you will get some breakage. What is your routine in terms of balancing moisture with protein? What products are you using? Now you have braids you still have to make sure you maintain them or there will be drama after you take them out.

As my hair gets longer the shedding and breakage seems like so much because the strands are longer :. This is just my experience ...and now that we are using boards like these we tend to get overly paranoid.

Please cheer up and know you have us watching your back.

Country gal

Lovely LHCF pics. Also Diamond your hair looks very pretty and healthy. It seems to be coming along nicely.

diamondlady

Thanks Bimbabe, for the encouragement. I know I'm paranoid maybe, overly paranoid. I started by regimen with braids and made good progress with them. I've become a PJ, big time since joining the board. I tend to keep the good ones and dump the ones that don't impress me. If it weren't for the ladies on the forum, I would have given up long ago.

Thanks Erica, Brickhouse, Armyqt and Sbaker for the compliments, I've been so discouraged recently, I really appreciate your support.

Supergirl, you know you're special to me. You are my homegirl and I take everything you say to heart. Special thanks to you.

Nay

Your hair looks thick, healthy, and nice to me. I think sometimes we become "hair obsessed," and can't see the good because we are focusing on the bad (real or imagined).

Keep taking photos of that beautiful hair of yours
We'll tell you what WE see.

Eclipse

Your hair looks really healthy and thick. Just from looking at all of your other pics, it seems as if you are really making noticable progress.

diamondlady

You guys make me feel so much better. Like I said, I was surprised by the photo. My hair really looks okay in the picture. Hairlove, singingstar, soslychic, Miss Brown, joyous, and Eclipse, I really appreciate the encouragement.

Nay, what you said was so interesting. I think you may be right. I see the photos from last year, I think I'm making progress, but I don't see much from September until now,
and that's what is depressing. I think I've hit a stand still, but you guys give me the push
I need to keep trying anyway. For this I THANK YOU!!

Valerie

Diamond lady, your hair looks lovely and your daughters is lovely too. Hair is looking so thick and glossy.

diamondlady

Thanks to all of you. Time and time again I get depressed, and with every set back I get overly depressed. I can always count on you guys to lift my spirits.

Tracy

It does look beautiful diamond lady...

You should keep taking pics. It really helped me get through the slow growing times and more recently those pics kept me from cutting off my hair thinking it looked really damaged.

Your hair is doing wonderfully.

CocoaCure

Yes, your hair and the colour look GREAT!! Very healthy!! I'm like Supergirl, I think the hair drama is over!! Perhaps you can try Clarence at Adams Hair Salon! He's off Arapaho and the Tollway near the Jewish Family Center in The Plaza Salon building. My best friends go to him and they have relaxers and their hair always looks nice! He may be a good choice for you. He's a little pricey - but then again, often we get what we pay for!! Just call information and ask for either "Adams Hair Dallas" or "Adams Hair Salon".