Hair Progress Update

NaturalRox

Hey ladies, I'm back from a brief hiatus over the past couple of weeks! I've missed my forums and I'm glad to be back.
Anyhow, I wanted to share the positive hair progress I've made over the past month. Since I'm in the middle of an international relocation I didn't have much time and relied on protective hairstyles which was great for me because that means low manipulation. So this month was basically twists and curly puffs. I've updated my album so you can take a look.

In the past month I've come to really love my Aveda products. I no-poo with their Brilliant conditioner, shampoo once a week with the Brilliant shampoo and I use the Elixir which I absolutely love! I also have a couple of their deep conditioners which work great as well. Also, I thought I would use these few weeks to experiment with using only shea butter (unrefined) on my hair and cut out products with 'cones in it. Yes, that meant putting my beloved EQP Mango Butter and ORS Olive Oil Lotion to one side - but I'm glad I gave it a try becuase my hair is really softer than ever now. With shea butter, not much is needed either so a little can go a long way. Less is definitely more!

I'm really happy now because I think I've finally perfected my routine since going natural.
I also think I'll stick with my protective styling for the remainder of the summer - I love putting my hair in twists!

Well that's all for now, just wanted to share the good news. I hope all of you are progressing with your hair journey too!
~Rox

NGC

Nice pictures. I really like the thicker coils pics and the bantu knots pics. Love the pink scarf too!

NaturalRox

Thanks for visiting my albums ladies and for your kind comments. You know how to make a girl feel good! lol

@NGC - Thanks! I'm thrilled now that my hair is getting thicker and I really had fun with the bantu knots. I'll probably do it sometime again soon since I don't have too much time these days. Also, I got that pink scarf (and similar ones) at Claire's in the mall. I love those too!

@Nay - Thanks Nay! Yes, I love the simple styles that require little to no maintenance. While it does take a good while to put my twists in (a few hours), it saves me from dealing with it during the week. Plus that's my "special time" and I usually watch a couple of movie rentals when I do it - a girl has got to have a plan!

@Ayeshia - Thanks, girl! The coils really don't take that long to do for me, especially if I've had my hair in twists. For some reason they just eventually turn into coils anyway!

@miss brown & lovelymissyoli - Thanks so much! I feel so happy with the decision I made a few months ago. It's funny because I really didn't know what to expect when I first started and I'm finally achieving the styles that I always wanted, but I didn't really know it was possible until now!

Thanks again for ALL of your support. It's great to share this with you ladies!
~Rox

Kha

Your hair looks great! I too like those curly coils, you're making very good progress.

G

The pink scarf is cute.. and you are making good progress. I like the twist outs on you.

NaturalRox

Thanks again ladies! I'm being a good girl and I'm putting my hair back into twists today. I had this last set in for 6 days (the longest I've ever gone), but it's time to take them down. My hair really seems to thrive while in protective styles - this personal challenge is working out well so far. Keeping my fingers crossed...