hair regime for 2 b/c

crml_buttafly

hey ladies i know you are out there!

i've searched hi and low for 2b/c regime but i couldnt find any.

i'm just looking for some product ideas.

what you found works for you, what doesnt.

do you protective style or not.

do you use alot of protien or did you find protien was to much?

come on DISH IT!!!!:grin:

My daughter is a 2bc hair. It will matter alot to products as to how fine or coarse your hair is and the length. My daughter has to treat the scalp area different than her mid section and ends because she has waist length hair. It does well with shea butter recipes on her ends with the baggie and wearing protective styles other wise dry ends. Her scalp area gets light water sprays between wash and she CW's with sauve berry and peach with a mixture of honey. Often she only scalp wash then a full rinse with water so not to strip the middle so much. It was once longer and I had to really protect her ends. She is growing it longer again and this is the only way it will make it.
Hope this helped.

hey :wave:
:bouncy: ive been waitin for a thread like this :bouncy:
i am actually a mixture of 2b/3b.. currently i am transtioning back to my natural state.
btw, I HAVE NEVER EVER EVER USED A PROTECTIVE STYLE and my hair has always been bsl or longer. i guess it depends on the person.

last year when i was natural i used: (washed every day or every other day)
-thermasilk shampoo and conditioner
-if i wanted to wear it curly i would use carefree curl activator (yellow and red bottle), scrunch, and go (pic in fotki album)
- if i wanted it straight i would wet wrap and sit under the dryer with motions pink lotion then go (... my hair gets straight without the use of a blowdryer or flat iron)
- i didnt use deep conditioners ( didn't see the use)
- oiled my scalp every week with tcb or some type of oil
- at night i would always wrap and tie on a satin scarf

transitioning method: (wash once a week)
- mnt shampoo and conditioner
- ntm hair mask as deep conditioner
- then i apply john frieda xtra strength serum and rusk smoothers conditioner to wet hair
-wet wrap and sit under dryer for an hour, and let it airdry the rest of the time, my hair takes to long to dry bc its so thick
- i oil my scalp with sulfur 8
- oil the length with profectiv healthy ends
- wrap every night with satin scarf
- don't need to blow dry roots or flat iron them because they are good! they lay flat like wavy hair would do. i have about three inches of new growth and notice that the straightness is if not the same but similiar to my relaxed hair.

- i use keraphix when need a protein fix followed by humectress

DONT LIKE:
- surge, although it prolly works, it made my hair very dry at the roots and i had to oil my scalp daily :mad:
-aphogee protein treatment: did absolutely nothing for my hair!!!

Last edited:
hey vangrey :wave: :wave:

i finally have a hair twin

it seems our hair does the same things

when relaxed, my hair dries relatively straight with a slight wave. i have never known anyone else who's hair did that.i'm jealous your hair is so thick, my hair is very thin so my first mission is to thicken it up;)

thanks for responding i will probably be bugging you in pms,lol

VintageCL-wow waistlength:notworthy ...one could only dream of having hair that long.thnaks for the tips. right now my hair is between my shoulder blades but it is so thin. so healthy hair first then length.ive never had a problem growing my hair i just want it healthier,thicker.

@ Vintagecoilylocks: you can relax any type of hair... whether it takes or not is another question. btw when i was natural i relaxed my hair because i wore it super straight(by wrapping and sitting under the hair dryer) all time and i live in houston where it is very very humid and my hair would frizz up all the time. my lyin stylist told me if i got a relaxer it wouldnt frizz anymore. but its the same. hence,that is why im transitioning back to my natural hair.
all my hair isnt 2; half is really medium curls and the other half is wavy and have to help it a little to curl up.

@crml_buttafly: i finally found my hair twin as well. :wave: feel free to pm me anytime we can share tips:D

Last edited:
My mama is a type 2ab she only relaxes her hair line once a year.

Since I have transitioned she is realizing that it does not make much since for her to relax her hair period.

i relax my hair every 3-4 months sometimes longer. i really only relax before a big occassion or holiday and i'm going to wear my hair out.

:shocked::shocked::shocked: @ Vangrey!!!! Wow my hair air-dries very similar to yours and my two textures look just like yours but on the opposite sides!! I thought that I was just some weird form of a 3A/B I felt kinda strange. Now I am confused. Now I am not sure if I am in the 2 family or in the 3 or a mixture of both!!!!!

Back