hair so soft & silky, keeps slipping out of bun

Supergirl

With Love & Silk
This is AIR-DRIED hair mind you
--Here's the routine: Shampoo with Deep Brilliance Hydration Shampoo
Condition with Deep Brilliance Moisture Shine Treatment (5 min--no heat)
Rinse & comb under shower stream
Drip for about 1 minute--no towel
Spray Deep Brilliance Manage Leave-In & comb through (effortlessly) again
Sit under hooded dryer for 10 min. to keep the cold bug away this winter season

Put hair into wet bun
When semi-dry, take down, comb, & let dry hanging

Now, it's so silky that it won't stay in the bun even with 2 extra Good Hair Days Pins
--I have it pinned up with a claw clip today

If you love yourself (and your hair)--you will at the very least request samples of the Deep Brilliance products from your local JCP salon

I have officially been with DB for a month now & you know if I've stuck with something this long--it must be good

KinksnCurlz

NO NO NO... m u s t s t a y a w a y f r o m sg's p o s t... my powers r draining... can't breath... reaching for wallet... MUST STOP! no... i must exit this thread... gots to b4 its too l a t e

Supergirl

With Love & Silk
[ QUOTE ]
Stop it!

[/ QUOTE ]

That's exactly what I said the first time I read a Deep Brilliance Thread
--So glad I took the bait!

CrownnGlori

Re: hair so soft & silky, keeps slipping out of bun

Didn't Lindy tell me to stay out of hear if I want to stay on the Challenge.

Supergirl

With Love & Silk
Elucence is an AWESOME product line, but in my opinion YES the Deep Brilliance products are better.

My dream conditioner is one that:

*is moisturizing but contains protein
*gives great slip
*leaves even air-dried hair soft & silky

*easily accessible(doesn't have to be purchased online)

DB has met ALL of these criteria

I guess the only con is the price, but is is truly worth it to me---I will continue to spend it

The shampoo does contain SLS & SLES, but it leaves my hair feeling silky & detangled (very similar to Keracare Hydrating Detangling) & it also has moisture & protein binding ingredients (a big plus in my book)

The leave-in doesn't leave my hair stiff as most leave-ins do.

And the products have a nice fresh scent to boot.

jainygirl

[ QUOTE ]
CaramelHonee said:
NO NO NO... m u s t s t a y a w a y f r o m sg's p o s t... my powers r draining... can't breath... reaching for wallet... MUST STOP! no... i must exit this thread... gots to b4 its too l a t e

[/ QUOTE ]

Supergirl

With Love & Silk
I've never purchased them online. I probably will purchase the larger sizes of conditioner online though eventually since the 4oz. is the only one sold at JCP. Right now, I've got 4 of the 4 oz. jars that I'm working through. The regular size shampoo & leave-in last a while.

chewy

[ QUOTE ]
CaramelHonee said:

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it's time for the Product Junkie Police to come to the rescue!

Tracy

Now you KNOW I'm going to try these. I finally got to try Kenra Mois. Cond. and was VERY PLEASED.

I'm sure I love these too.

They're officially on my to try list...

jasmin

[ QUOTE ]
Supergirl said:
Elucence is an AWESOME product line, but in my opinion YES the Deep Brilliance products are better.

My dream conditioner is one that:

*is moisturizing but contains protein
*gives great slip
*leaves even air-dried hair soft & silky

*easily accessible(doesn't have to be purchased online)

DB has met ALL of these criteria

I guess the only con is the price, but is is truly worth it to me---I will continue to spend it

The shampoo does contain SLS & SLES, but it leaves my hair feeling silky & detangled (very similar to Keracare Hydrating Detangling) & it also has moisture & protein binding ingredients (a big plus in my book)

The leave-in doesn't leave my hair stiff as most leave-ins do.

And the products have a nice fresh scent to boot.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok I'm an advocate of Elucence and you know I was going to buy the Deep this month but I was going to wait. Not I can't. I got to do it now. This might help me wait out my relaxer even more. Did you order from spiral yet?

CurlyCrly

To each his own. :)
Does this product have 'cones or mineral oil in it? I noticed that it costs twice as much as Elucence.

Supergirl

With Love & Silk
It has a cone ingredient--but not that cone consistency like Motions or Keracare. no mineral oil though.

Jasmin, I haven't ordered from Spiral yet. I emailed their customer service though to see how long it would take to get an order. She said they typically process their orders within 2-3 days. They also have a contact phone number which I like.

G

I wanted to try the Deep Brilliance but I don't like the fact that you have pay so much for only a 4 oz size of conditioner that is in a jar of all things...the shampoo comes in a much larger size but for some reason they scale down on the conditioner! I think I am going to try the Elucence first after I come out of braids-I haven't made the decision yet.

T

Tee

These sound good! Can't wait until the PJ challenge is over so I can try them. March 31 can't come soon enough!

By the way, Supergirl, when you had the DB Relaxer, did your hair dresser apply the Manage to your hair (including the new growth) and some other product to coat the ends? My stylist wants me to switch to the DB relaxer, and it sounds like there is a lot of conditioning prior to and during the relaxing process. Did you find this to be the case?

Allandra

Wow, this sounds good. I may need a whole pack of Good Hair Days Pins to hold my bun up if I ever try this stuff out.
I already use a good amount now. My bun is now called a small spare tire due to it's size.

inthepink

Supergirl, that was an excellent pitch. You should be in marketing but nope - I'm not trying it!

Allandra - I am just trying to get a Dunkin Donuts sized bun! lol

MissB

Supergirl,

This is a very tempting post. However, Deep Brilliance isn't available in Northern Virginia yet. I have seen the line in JCPenneyin Southern Virginia but they didn't have the Hydration, Manage, or Reconstruct. I guess this PJ will have to wait a little longer.

I'm glad that you are pleased with the line.

Supergirl

With Love & Silk
Re: hair so soft & silky, keeps slipping out o

Hey Tee!

Nah, we didn't use the Manage to pre-condition. The relaxer itself was very conditioning though--it felt like she was applying conditioner when she applied the relaxer.

SilkyandSmooth

[ QUOTE ]
CaramelHonee said:

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm about one minute away from whipping out the credit card.

Allandra

[ QUOTE ]
brownrelaxedhair said:
okay so I'm interested
yeah, I'm actually mad that I'm interested

[/ QUOTE ]

Alright, now tell us when you're going to try this line out.