Hair styling for free...

lipyt

I just came up with an idea...I'll throw it at you...if you don't like it throw it back.
Some times I look at people's hair on here and I'm like wow! how did she do that? So I was thinking if you are in the area...maybe we can help each other out...
I would love for some one to show me how to twist my natural hair and then do a twist out cuz I can't get it...and I would also like for some one to show me how to properly put gel in my hair cuz I'm just making a mess.
I can braid any body's hair (I can not add extensions though) I can sew in a weave for you too.
I'm in Atlanta. I know there is a natural hair salon around here...but I don't want to spend $50 just for a consultation.
Any body interested?

CurliDiva

I just came up with an idea...I'll throw it at you...if you don't like it throw it back.
Some times I look at people's hair on here and I'm like wow! how did she do that? So I was thinking if you are in the area...maybe we can help each other out...
I would love for some one to show me how to twist my natural hair and then do a twist out cuz I can't get it...and I would also like for some one to show me how to properly put gel in my hair cuz I'm just making a mess.
I can braid any body's hair (I can not add extensions though) I can sew in a weave for you too.
I'm in Atlanta. I know there is a natural hair salon around here...but I don't want to spend $50 just for a consultation.
Any body interested?

:yep: Great idea! I'm not in your area, but my areas of "style" expertise include weaves and braids.

Artemis

Oh, also, I'm not natural anymore, but I wore twists and twistouts all the time when I was. I'd sit in front of the tv and do them while watching Buffy, lol! During that time, I learned how to do everything on my own--braids, weaves, you name it.

Lovelylocs

Sounds like a good idea to me. LHCF members will be gentle w/ur hair.

It's funny b/c I had a similr idea last nice. I just finished rollersetting my mom's hair and I wanted to do someone elses. It's a fun little hobby.

KhandiB

Yeah me and HoneyDew did this last year.. we had a wine and relax party :lol:

This sounds fun ...

I might can offer something ... um.... I can heat style wonderfully ..

:lol:

texasgrl

This is a wonderful idea!! I live in Kansas and would die of joy to have a hair friend. I can braid, rollerset etc. I have every vitamin and conditioner u can imagine and would be happy to share my obsession with some one who wont look at me like:ohwell:.

Last edited:

lipyt

Kewl! Even though I am natural now I used to take good care of my permed hair I had really long and think hair. I can do a perm, wrap hair and clip ends, braids and weaves. I who lives in Atlanta who will do my twists and a gel hairstyle for me??:lick:

lipyt

Oh, also, I'm not natural anymore, but I wore twists and twistouts all the time when I was. I'd sit in front of the tv and do them while watching Buffy, lol! During that time, I learned how to do everything on my own--braids, weaves, you name it.
Would you be able to do my twists and twist out!!!??:woot:
I'll pm you...

Katt73

Excellent idea! I REALLY need someone to teach me to rollerset! I was natural for many years and can teach folks how to two-strand twist, loc, and flat-twist.

lennet93

Good idea..I was just thinking the same thing.:yep: I'm not good at doing hair, the only thing I can do is braid but not cornrow.:perplexed I would love to learn how to rollerset and self relax or have a LHCF'er relax for me because we're all on the same page..:grin:

eyunka

i pm'ed one of the mods asking if they would create a Hair service exchange thread....waiting on a response. I will keep you guys updated

gabulldawg

I also like this idea! Those in the Atlanta area I can do bantu knot sets, braidouts, twistouts, flat twists, curly roller sets... I can't think of anything else!

lipyt

please keep us updated as to what the mods think.
Yea that would be great. We could save money and also by looking at photo albums choose who we would like to learn certain style from. While meeting people who just as crazy about hair as we are.

crlsweetie912

This is one of the greatest ideas LHCF has ever come up with. I am in Baltimore and I can do just about anything (former licensed stylist) rollerset, rodset, updo's spirals, sew in weaving. But I can't braid/twist on my own hair.

sweetie77

Wow i love this idea .In fact a member here taught me how to braid my baby's hair and add beads over the phone .I would love to learn how to self relax and roller set my hair .All i can offer is products i can wash and wrap but that is it .I know very sad :sad: but i can learn quick

rabs77

In the O.C., would love to have a natural pressing buddy:yep: I press yours, you press mine. I do really good flexi rod sets too:yep:

eyunka

i guess i can post what i can do

Perms
rollersets
flexirod sets
braid outs
twist outs
corn rolls
just started on twist with extentions need a little more work but it's coming along
chinese buns
ponytails
flat irons
curl irons

Last edited:

lipyt

I also like this idea! Those in the Atlanta area I can do bantu knot sets, braidouts, twistouts, flat twists, curly roller sets... I can't think of anything else!
I'm natural and I don't know what a curly roller set looks like can that be done on natural hair is any heat applied? I'm in Atlanta too.
I can:
perm hair
do touch ups
trim/dust
braid/cornrow

KhandiB

Im in Maryland and would like a weave.. :lol:

I can dust and search and destroy for you ..

and Im pretty good at french braiding !