HAIR STYLIST'S HAIR GOES UP IN FLAMES!!!!!!!!!!!

GodMadeMePretty

HAIR STYLIST\'S HAIR GOES UP IN FLAMES!!!!!!!!!!!

I know hair is flammable, but how much product could she have had in her hair?

Stylist's Hair Catches Fire at Gas Pump
50 minutes ago Add Strange News - AP to My Yahoo!

ALBANY, Ga. - A hair stylist was pumping gas into her car when her hair burst into flames.

"That scared me to death," said stylist Traci Marshall.

The fire was probably caused by static electricity from Marshall's hair rubbing against her clothes, said her husband, Camilla firefighter Lt. Bill Marshall.

The static electricity apparently mixed with gas fumes and ignited the fire Sunday.

"I started beating my hair to get out the fire and saw flames coming out of the gas tank," she said.

A man with a fire extinguisher put out the blaze.

Traci Marshall had to cut her hair and get her truck repaired.

Bill Marshall advised people to ground themselves before pumping gas by touching the metal of their cars.

"Once you get out of your vehicle, don't get back into the vehicle until you are through," he said.

Officials also remind people to turn off cell phones and pagers when pumping gas because those devices can also spark explosions.

Karonica

Re: HAIR STYLIST\'S HAIR GOES UP IN FLAMES!!!!!!!!!!!

Yikes! Hairspray is no joke. I set the smoke detector off in my dorm last year when I was spraying my hair with ORS Olive Oil Sheen.

AceH

Re: HAIR STYLIST\'S HAIR GOES UP IN FLAMES!!!!!!!!!

dang. talk about having a bad hair day, let alone a bad day

cutebajangirl

Re: HAIR STYLIST\'S HAIR GOES UP IN FLAMES!!!!!!!!!

Wow that is some ish, if she was my stylist from that alone I wouldn't go back to her.

kerplunky

Her husband is a firefighter. That's too funny.

[ QUOTE ]
Karonica said:
Yikes! Hairspray is no joke. I set the smoke detector off in my dorm last year when I was spraying my hair with ORS Olive Oil Sheen.

[/ QUOTE ]

My roommate did the same thing! lol.

kreeme

I just sent this to my friends. I was LMBAO....it's not funny, but it was funny that it made the AJC. I thought the article was written so well...can't you just picture it?! When she said, "I started beating my hair to get out the fire and saw flames coming out of the gas tank," I just fell out laughing at work! LOL!

Nyambura

surfer girl

Kreeme, I saw that sentence too and couldn't suppress at least a few snickers. But I feel so guilty for laughing!

I'm glad no one was hurt. She could have self-immolated!

jainygirl

i was at a wedding reception for my moms friend when i was younger at this phoo-phoo shee-shee country club. Well it was a night reception so they had the room decorated with nice candles in different areas. Well this woman with long blond hair who had been laughing loud and tossing her head all night (trying to get attention i guess) tossed her head real good and it touched a candle flame and caught afire. I thought it was so funny because she was still trying to be miss priss patting it all lightly and dainty. meanwhile i'm thinking, "dang lady, your hair is on fire throw some punch on it or something." this man ended up smother it out with a towel from one of the club workers.

Tebby1017

People catching on fire at the gas pump was on Oprah a month or so ago.

Tebby

jada1111

It's not funny, but in a way it is. LOL! I'm just glad she wasn't hurt. Hmmm, I don't believe that "hair friction" story. I think Ms. Hairstylist had a weave and it just decided to blow from all the chemicals she had on it.

Islandgirl

[ QUOTE ]
Karonica said:

[/ QUOTE ]