Hair Update Ya'll (Pics Included)

blackeyes31626

Beautiful healthy hair and nice progress.

Wow, I can't believe you henna every two weeks. What kind of henna and how long do you leave it in?

0live0il

Awww :thankyou: all for your sweet comments. :love2:

Beautiful healthy hair and nice progress.

Wow, I can't believe you henna every two weeks. What kind of henna and how long do you leave it in?

blackeyes31626 I believe my hair needs henna to thrive lol. I use my mom's natural henna (I don't know the name of it, it's in a plastic bag.. with no label :lol:). She gets it from a friend of hers. We always have it in huge supply. Before embarking on my own natural hair journey, my mother was always at HIP length and she has been using henna since her teens. She used to henna my hair when I was a child, which would explain why I was waist length back then. But I always hated henna and begged my mom to stop. But since I've embraced it once again.. my hair has continued to stay healthy and I get roughly 7 inches of new growth a year.. give or take.

Last edited:

sharifeh

your hair is just stunning :yep: does the henna not dry out your hair at all?

sorry to be weird but you have a really african neck :look: :lol: it's nice :rofl:

0live0il

Great progress!

@0live0il - How long do you leave the henna in your hair?

@greenandchic Thank you! I leave it on for 2 hrs

does the henna not dry out your hair at all?

sorry to be weird but you have a really african neck :look: :lol: it's nice :rofl:

@sharifeh I just burst out laughing :rofl: I guess we needed long necks from carrying all that ish on our heads :lol:

No, it's not drying.. I use Elasta QP deep conditioner afterwards and leave it on my hair overnight.

Garner

Your hair has truly thrived. It is beautiful and looks very healthy!!! How long have henna'ed every 2 wks?

Shadiyah

OliveOil I love hello hydrations... I mean I used to be on a tresemme trip but it don't work well with other products when you leave it in your hair especially when you henna... so hello hydrations have become my one and only I love... even though I have so much wen now that I co wash with that too and when i do I still use the last wash for hello...

0live0il

@OliveOil I love hello hydrations... I mean I used to be on a tresemme trip but it don't work well with other products when you leave it in your hair especially when you henna... so hello hydrations have become my one and only I love... even though I have so much wen now that I co wash with that too and when i do I still use the last wash for hello...

@Shadiyah - Do you use Hello Hydration as a leave-in? I just use it for my co-washes, but Kinky Knot is a bit too expensive for my liking :lol: I might test it out as just a leave-in if you have had great results from it. Doesn't it get too heavy?

Shadiyah

@Shadiyah - Do you use Hello Hydration as a leave-in? I just use it for my co-washes, but Kinky Knot is a bit too expensive for my liking :lol: I might test it out as just a leave-in if you have had great results from it. Doesn't it get too heavy?

OliveOil I sometimes leave a little in it but because I have so many conditioners here that I am trying to get rid of I use them as a leave in most times. I love thick conditioners and you can just put a dime size in your hand and rub it through your hair.

0live0il

@OliveOil I sometimes leave a little in it but because I have so many conditioners here that I am trying to get rid of I use them as a leave in most times. I love thick conditioners and you can just put a dime size in your hand and rub it through your hair.

And it smells so delicious :grin:

Speaking of products, a recent new fav of mine is:

I've only been using it for a week but I'm already seeing quite a big difference. De-tangling is a breeze at the moment. I don't want to jinx myself :look: lol