Hair Washing Tray For The Sink?

FunkyMunky

Has anyone ever used a hair washing tray for the sink. They are used a lot for people who are in nursing homes or home health care facilities. I am thinking about checking it out because I am tired of jumping in and out of the shower.

Here is a link to a site so that you can see what I am talking about or you can do an internet search under hair washing tray. I see that they are on Ebay too (should've known)

http://www.amerimark.com/cgi-bin/amerimark/cat_item.html?prod=26219&media=G63858&days=XVQ

Let me know what ya'll think.

Wow, that's awesome. My aunt lives with us and that would've been great to have for her b/c she has trouble getting around, but she's moving back home by New Year's. I may get it anyway...

scorpian

They use these at a popular Dominican salon in my area.It isn't this exact model but it's the same concept.You sit upright in the chair and they use the hair tray over sinks instead of you laying back at a shampoo bowl.

nycutiepie

That's a good look right there but I'm wondering how you would use it if you're trying to wash your own hair. Would you also use a hose attachment for your sink? Would you need to sit down?

LadyD

You could also purchase a shower head with a spray nozzle (hand held) and use that. This is what I use, you just have to stand over the tub to do it.

I have a portable sink that I use for my bedridden Mother but I think these trays would be more trouble than just standing over the tub.

FunkyMunky

scorpian said:
They use these at a popular Dominican salon in my area.It isn't this exact model but it's the same concept.You sit upright in the chair and they use the hair tray over sinks instead of you laying back at a shampoo bowl.

Since you have seen it, do you think you could use this to wash your own hair?

nycutiepie said:
Would you also use a hose attachment for your sink? Would you need to sit down?

I plan to use a hose attachment or the attachment on my kitchen faucet. From what I understand you have to sit in a chair. If my chair is too high I will turn the back of the chair to the side so there is no back.

They also have an inflatable one.

scorpian

auntysmoky said:
Since you have seen it, do you think you could use this to wash your own hair?

No, I would need help if I used this at home.I know I'd make a mess trying to aim the hose at my hair with my back turned because my hose attachment is built into the sink unit and it only stretches so far. It's easier for me to shampoo my hair in the shower.