Haircare after Chemotherapy

Angela4769

Hi ladies:yep:,

Last year, my mom was diagnosed with breast cancer. She went through chemotherapy and radiation, and there is no more trace of cancer in her body.:yay: However, as a result of the chemotherapy, she lost her mid-back length hair. She is now in the process of regrowing her hair. She is interested in the Shea Moisture product line, but I am not familiar with it. If anybody can give any give any tips about Shea Moisture or anything else that can help her with her HHJ, please share. :feedback::thankyou:

sbfairy

Congrats on your mom doing well. I went through this with my mom about 4 years ago. As far as the Shea Moisture line, personally I did not like it. I think there are lots of people on here that do though. For me, I actually found it drying. I used the shampoo and conditioner. I ended up using both to shave my legs with. The price on it isn't bad so she might give a try if she's really interested. My mom is old school and think natural hair is nappy in a bad way so she immediately went back to hot combs and may even have a perm now.

HolisticHoney

Glad your mom is recovering and doing well. I would recommend that she uses a gentle shampoo and conditioner. Shea Moisture line is good or anything all natural like Aubrey Organics is another company.

She has to be very gentle with her hair as it grows back. The less tension on her fragile follicles the better. Continue to eat right and exercise. Keep the body healthy from the inside out will also aide in a HHJ.

Hope this helps