Hairline Disappearing & Weaves

wyldcurlz

what's the best way to protect the hairline? and prevent it from doing a disappearing act like Naomi Campbell, Brandi & Angela Bassett's hairlines??

is it to use a silk scarf? i'm wondering if the silk scarf is pulling at my hairline?
i've been using weaves as a protective style for the last 8 months - on and off. after seeing these women, i'm scared to death! i DO NOT want a gone hairline in 3 yrs...but i do love the weaves.

what's the best way to avoid hairline damage and to protect your hair at the hairline...while you still have it??

Starronda

At the start of BSL! Patiently waiting for full❤️
Not sure if a weave would mess up your hairline unless you’re using glue or if the braids are too tight. Usually a hairline can pull the disappearing act with wigs or lakefronts. I’m sure others will chime in soon to help you.

PeopleTalkDaily

i was thinking about getting a weave for the summer.
I sort of nervous about doing it because my hairline is doing so well..

I do think it really depends on how they braid..

spinspinshuga

I was thinking about getting a weave for a while. I've gotten braids (no weave or sew-in) in the past and have had my hair come out in handfuls in the process, so I had been wondering whether my hair just isn't made for braids or whether stylists were just being too rough with it...

The stylist who currently gives me an occasional rollerset says everyone is not made for weaves and sew ins and that she wouldn't recommend it if your hair can't handle regular braids and cornrows...and since she's turning down the money she would receive for giving me a weave, I believe her. If you've had braids before and have had trouble, you might want to reconsider :yep: