Hairsense Is Switching To Black Bone Combs

MileHighDiva

A+ Hair Care Queen
I received my shipment from Hair sense this afternoon. I was so excited, because I want to compare them to the combs I've bought from hotcombs.net.

The Handle Rake which shows on the website as a carmel color is now black.
The invoice says it's a new stronger model.

Sent from my Speak & Spell using LHCF

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20130318_193536.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130318_193536.jpg
    14.9 KB · Views: 117
  • ForumRunner_20130318_193551.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130318_193551.jpg
    12.8 KB · Views: 189
  • ForumRunner_20130318_193612.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130318_193612.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 181

IrrationalThoughts

I was just looking at their combs.

Riddle me this OP MileHighDiva The rat tail - does it have a 'sharp' tail? My MP rat tail is not sharp so I have to use BSS pin tails or rat tails to part my hair.

Jewell

Good, I would love to purchase my future combs in black. Although I kinda like the rich sienna color too. I love my Hairsense comb too much...smh I should've gotten one long ago. I have the "Detangler," Item # 206S, but there are 3 more combs I'll order from her.

Last edited:

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay
I assume quality is the same? If yes, color doesn't matter for me and I wouldn't re-purchase for that purpose alone since I have a small collection of those combs. I need some added benefit other than color. However, small changes like that make question the point of change. Is it just to keep things fresh and change things up?

Last edited:

Nix08

Relaxed, 4B
divachyk apparently its a stronger model:perplexed: The black would just match my decor nicer:look: :lachen: Really though I actually quite like the sienna colour:yep:

RoseGolden

Ooh nice. I bought four of these combs years ago and they are the only combs I will use on my hair to this day. Love them.

Love Always

As long as they do the job, I bought two combs yesterday and waiting on them. I like their combs, when I had my big detangler I didn't have a lot of split ends like I did when I was using regular combs :).

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Doesn't matter to me. I recently bought back ups to my 2 Favs. The color isn't important as long as:

1) They Perform the same
2) The Price stays the same:ohwell:

MileHighDiva

A+ Hair Care Queen
sharifeh I'm not a pusha' like IDareT'sHair :badgirl:

In addition, to the 206 I have the 207, 232 and 222. Plus they sent me an extra 206 because of the color change(maybe they're just testing first). I truly believe that my seamless comb hauls from Hotcombs and Hairsense have made a difference in the health of my fine strands.

However, I have a :sekret:

I've been unfaithful to Hotcombs and Hairsense.

I ordered some bone combs from http://www.wimexbeauty.com/

A back up for my 222, volume, cutting and another two other rat tails for roller setting. I didn't really need them, but they were inexpensive compared to Hairsense. The Hairsense combs are made in Hong Kong and the Wimex combs are made in China. I will have to get some fine grit sand paper to do some corrective/finishing work on two of the teeth on one of the combs. I didn't have to do that with the Hairsense combs.

Plus I ordered some other stuff i.e. applicator bottle, hair clips, 1 1/2" red mesh rollers. sprush knock off, and a double handheld mirror. My order was $20 cheaper than the five comb order from Hairsense.