Hairveda Methi Sativa Rave!!!

@DarkJoy
The ingredients are:
Black Tea Water, Green Tea Water, Chamomile Flower Water, Cetyl Alcohol, Stearyl Alcohol, Stearalkonium Chloride, Simethyl Stearamine, Lactic Acid, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Sea Kelp Leaf Powder, Tocopherol (Vitamin E), Pantothenic acid (Vitamin B5), Paraben Free Preservative, and Phthalate Free Fragrance.
Thanks @KinkyGenius. As for your other post, I wouldnt worry about the difference? They changed the formula a little, but if the ingredients are the same and it works, why not try it?

Oh well, the wheat is a dealbreaker. Turns my hair into straw. However, the other ingredientes look fabulous--and my hair loves kelp as a protein. Too bad! Still gonna lurk and watch your progress, OP.!

Should I be concerned about the difference in appearance and texture of Step 1? Should I reach out to Hairveda?

Purchased about a year ago:
CdahlW2.jpg

As you can see, there are specs of herbs in the conditioner. The consistency is also much thicker here as well.

Purchased during BF 2013:
HNqL8sJ.jpg

No herbs in this conditioner, it's also MUCH looser consistency. Not nearly as thick at all.

KinkyGenius - I would ask HV. The herbs make it look special :look:. If you do, please let us know the response. I purchased for the 1st time on BF, but I haven't used it yet, so if something is off, I'd have no clue.

Mine appears to be somewhat a more beige color than @KinkyGenius

KinkyG: You said you use it as a Pre-Poo or "Mild" Protein Rx?

wow. I thought folks said it mimicked a Hard Protein Rx.:blush:

Just coming out from under the dryer. I will cowash it out with Step2 and Steam with HQS Peppermint.

@Rozlewis havilland what color is yours?

@Golden75 When to you plan to use yours?

Is it 'necessary' to Air Dry?:ohwell:

Last edited:

Just coming out from under the dryer. I will cowash it out with Step2 and Steam with HQS Peppermint.

IDareT'sHair
KinkyGenius
Golden75

Mine is a beige color and it is like a creamy texture. I use this prior to my relaxer because on me it is more of a hard protein. It leaves my hair very strong and prepares it for the relaxer process. I know some say it is not a hard protein because it does not get "hard" like the Aphogee 2 Step. However, although this treatment does not get "hard" from a performance perspective it performs the same. Hair is strong but does not feel straw like or harsh like I have experienced with the Aphogee 2 Step. At least this is from my experience on my hair. Others may experience something different.

@Rozlewis

Thank you Ms. Roz:yep:

After I saw the stark white color of @KinkyGenius I opened both Step1 and they are both a Beige-ish Color. They do have flecks of herbs etc..

Decided to Steam in Step 2 and not use the HQS Peppermint. I'll see how my hair feels after Steaming in Step 2.

Roz: Do you continue to Air Dry or did you only do it the 1st time you tried it?

Used it 1st wash post.

IDareT'sHair - Not sure when I plan to use. I don't like to open things I don't plan to use in the near future, but I don't know if I should just open to check appearance :perplexed:. I may.

Okay...I see why folks be wanting to buy Step2 (by itself). :love:

I love the way it smells/feels.:drool:

Will also be asking to do that. Lemme go see how much it is by itself.

Golden75

I hear ya'.:ohwell:

I really did not want to open both of them, but I needed to look.:look:

Already loving Step 2.:lick:

Still don't know/think Imma Air Dry.:perplexed

@Rozlewis

Thank you Ms. Roz:yep:

After I saw the stark white color of @KinkyGenius I opened both Step1 and they are both a Beige-ish Color. They do have flecks of herbs etc..

Decided to Steam in Step 2 and not use the HQS Peppermint. I'll see how my hair feels after Steaming in Step 2.

Roz: Do you continue to Air Dry or did you only do it the 1st time you tried it?

Used it 1st wash post.

IDareT'sHair, I air dry 90% of the time. I use minimal heat on my hair and basically use direct heat only prior to a touch-up. I use indirect heat (Pibbs dryer) maybe 1 time per month or less and I use my steamer weekly.

I never used the "herby" one. Mine is creamy beige color. And I love it. It works well for me so far no issues.

havilland
IDareT'sHair
Rozlewis
Golden75

I received a response back from Hairveda. She stated, "Yes we changed the method of manufacturing and do not include the dry herbs directly in the conditioner. We do this in order to keep a longer shelf life for the product. The ingredients are the same, we now extract the herbs in water." She offered to refund me or send a replacement, but I think I'm just gonna keep it. The herbs in the product causes the color to change over time, so I'm sure in 3-6 months mine will have a beige like appearance as well.

I received a response back from Hairveda. She stated, "Yes we changed the method of manufacturing and do not include the dry herbs directly in the conditioner. We do this in order to keep a longer shelf life for the product. The ingredients are the same, we now extract the herbs in water." She offered to refund me or send a replacement, but I think I'm just gonna keep it. The herbs in the product causes the color to change over time, so I'm sure in 3-6 months mine will have a beige like appearance as well.

KinkyGenius

This.:yep: Thank you.

havilland
Thank you for creating this thread!! I can't wait to try it. :happydance: I'm happy that you found a product that's effective, thanks for sharing.

Wow!!! Off to HV I go lol!! I need this ASAP!! Thank you so much, MileHighDiva :grin:

havilland, if you haven't sourced the hibiscus and brahmi as yet here are a few vendors who sells Ayurveda herbs:

1. Lakshmi's cupboard (low prices, fast shipping, excellent cs)
http://lakshmiscupboard.com/

2. Henna Sooq(good variety of henna and ayur herbs, bit pricey)
http://www.hennasooq.com/

3. Ayurnatural (under new ownership but you can find all things Ayurveda here)
http://www.ayurnaturalbeauty.com/

4. Depending where you live, you can check out your local Indian grocery store they usually sell hair loving herbs like henna and fenugreek, etc.

hair4today I'm sitting here going through this thread again. Why did you post Lakshmi's cupboard. I think I'm going to try her oils. They're less expensive than KeraVada, :yep:

@Rozlewis

Totally Different.

The b.a.s.k. Whiskey Vanilla is a Pre-Soak (and all in one) Rx.

The Methi of Course has that 2nd wonderful Step to it.:lick:

I will admit I love them both for different reasons. :grin:

I don't think the Whiskey Vanilla is as Skrong as the Methi-Set tho'.

However, it's still very good. :yep:

I normally use the b.a.s.k. on Dry Hair as a pre-treat and then Cowash & DC afterwards.

Both Treatments have definitely earned their rightful place in my Stash:lol:

@Rozlewis

Totally Different.

The b.a.s.k. Whiskey Vanilla is a Pre-Soak (and all in one) Rx.

The Methi of Course has that 2nd wonderful Step to it.:lick:

I will admit I love them both for different reasons. :grin:

I don't think the Whiskey Vanilla is as Skrong as the Methi-Set tho'.

However, it's still very good. :yep:

I normally use the b.a.s.k. on Dry Hair as a pre-treat and then Cowash & DC afterwards.

Both Treatments have definitely earned their rightful place in my Stash:lol:

&idaret'shair

Thanks!

Back