Happily Married....

I recently just got engaged to my fiancee and I'm so excited. But I get so irritated when I hear other women's point of view on marriage, they try to rain on my parade with comments like "If I woulda known what I know now I would've ran for the border" or "Girl, marriage ain't worth it". And most of these women openly express that they are unhappy in their marriage. Despite all the negativity (mainly from co-workers), I think marriage can be very successful with a lot of hard work dedication and more importantly God. Me and my fiance are both christians and are dedicated to living are life for Christ. I believe as Christians we view marriage differently than the world, for the most part. Can I hear from some married christian ladies who are actually happy, what are your views and advice on marriage?

HeChangedMyName

I'm not married, yet:grin: but CONGRATULATIONS!!!

I agree with you, with God as your center, you can have a happy successful marriage. As Christians we should look at marriage differently than the world. God gave you to each other for his purpose and that is beautiful.

taytay86

I recently just got engaged to my fiancee and I'm so excited. But I get so irritated when I hear other women's point of view on marriage, they try to rain on my parade with comments like "If I woulda known what I know now I would've ran for the border" or "Girl, marriage ain't worth it". And most of these women openly express that they are unhappy in their marriage. Despite all the negativity (mainly from co-workers), I think marriage can be very successful with a lot of hard work dedication and more importantly God. Me and my fiance are both christians and are dedicated to living are life for Christ. I believe as Christians we view marriage differently than the world, for the most part. Can I hear from some married christian ladies who are actually happy, what are your views and advice on marriage?

Congratulations - not married either, but I frimly believe having Christ in our relationships will definitely strengthen it. What advice do you have for young Christian couples in regards to staying faithful to your religion, while having a healthy celibate relationship?

firecracker

Their not trying to rain on your parade maybe they are just speaking from their marriage experience. (what makes them share the negative and not the positive is beyond me):rolleyes: I'm sure they were just as optimistic as anyone else going into the marriage.

Congrats and I hope you have a wonderful marriage experience that differs from those women.

nychaelasymone

Congrats!!! What a blessing. I pray you two all the happiness, joy, and strength!!

To comment on your post....I recently attended a function and we all had to introduce ourselves and what disturbed me the most is that the women were belittling their husbands by saying they have children, work @ such and such place, have a dog...and oh-yea... a husband. It became quite distrubing to listen to the lack of respect and love these women had for their men...equating them to children and dogs. I say this to say to you....there will always be HATERS....they are in place to let you know you are doing everything RIGHT.

Love hard and long. God bless y'all

sunnydaze

Girl misery wants company.

Congrats on your upcoming nuptials and allow yourself to be excited!! Marriage is a beautiful thing.:yep:

Congratulations - not married either, but I frimly believe having Christ in our relationships will definitely strengthen it. What advice do you have for young Christian couples in regards to staying faithful to your religion, while having a healthy celibate relationship?

Thanks everyone for the replies and the congrats. It is very possible to have a very happy, fulfilling, and celibate relationship. It takes a lot of work(because its not easy). Honestly, early on in our relationship we fell for the temptation. But as we matured in our relationship with Christ we decided that it was best for us to remain celibate, we've been together for three years. I much rather wait for marriage now and he feels the same, we've been celibate for almost a year. I just thought I should be honest about that, because I believe God has forgiven me a long time ago, and its important for me to share my experiences with others. Advice that I give young christian couples who plan to remain celibate: Stay in the word and prayer, the more you keep your mind on Jesus, the less oppurtunity there would be for other thoughts to creep into your mind. Also, avoid tempting situations, we are fleshly beings so its important not to deliberately put ourselves in tempting situations. I recommend the book Single, Saved,and Having Sex by Ty Adams, she really breaks everything down about having sex before marriage and why its important to remain celibate.

Angelicus

Wow! Congratulations on the engagement, I am so happy for you! :love: Please don't listen to those unhappy women. Trust in the Lord!

gottabme247

Congratulations!! My husband and I have been married 18 years and we are still in love with each other and we still "like" each other. It is a blessing when God is your source. There are challenges but when you are willing to stand by each other no matter what and understanding that your marriage has truly been ordained by God, you cannot go wrong. The enemy is out to destroy marriages. Be careful who you discuss anything concerning your relationship with your fiance as well as when he becomes your husband, especially if it is negative. People will hold onto the negative when you have prayed and moved on and they will remind you of all that you said concerning him. Whenever anyone brings up anything negative, just tell them you don't receive that concerning your marriage, and just keep us in your prayers.
I wish you and your future husband great health, peace, and prosperity. Take everything to the Lord, He knows both of you better than you know yourselves.
Be Blessed.

Caramela

I went through the same thing when my husband and I decided to get married! I got a lot of negativity from people who had gotten married before and it didn't work. They are speaking from their only point of reference. What I learned to be an effective answer was to tell them that the difference is both my husband and I are Christians, our relationship is grounded in Christ and the bible tells me that marriage is honorable in all things. (hebrews 13:4) and a man that finds a wife finds a good thing and has obtained favor from the lord! (proverbs 18:22)... most of the time they shut up after that. Pay those nay sayers no mind. In this day in age, the world wants you to do as they do and will even encourage you to do things against God's will... But follow the straight gate which the bible tells us few find. You're on the right path. Congratulations to you and your soon-to-be husband!

Southernbella.

Me and my dh are saved and walking and have been since before we met.

With that said...marriage is a wonderful thing! I think these women probably wanted to give you a realistic viewpoint, but they forgot to include the happy times!

As Christians, we are able to go directly to God when things get tough. And they WILL get tough, but we have a Helper and a Guide who will get us through.:yep:

Me and dh are happy, but it's not an all day, every day thing. There are times when I want to ring his neck.:lachen: Being a Christian doesn't mean you are perfect, so just remember that you are dealing with an imperfect human being. Pray for each other everyday, and treat your spouse the way you want them to treat you.

Love is not just something you feel, it's something you have to DO every day, and it doesn't always come naturally. There are lots of different ways to love your spouse, so you will never run out of things to say/do.

My advice...don't ask for any more advice right now.:grin: You don't need to hear about other people's problems and issues and baggage. Pre-marital counseling will help you more than opinions (exept for ours, of course:grin:).

mrselle

Congrats on your engagement!!!!

I have been married for seven years and we are very happy and blessed. Marriage for us has been far better than I could have ever hoped for, imagined or prayed for. I'm not saying our marriage is perfect, but it's perfect for *us*. My husband and I truly believe that God ordained our marriage and did so before either of us was born. I know that my purpose in my husband's life isn't just to be his wife and to love him, but to help him fulfill the calling that God has on his life. I will say that my husband can work my very last nerve, BUT he is truly the love of my life and I can't imagine my life with anyone else. He is an excellent father, a wonderful provider and he loves me to no end. He gets me and not many people get me. I could write so much more, but I'm in the middle of cooking dinner. Again, congrats to you and just know that marriage is hard work, but with prayer and dedication it can and will be awesome for you and your husband to be.