Happy 1 year Natural Anniversary to me!! *pics BC to 1 year*

Diva_Esq

Hi all! No long monologue here! I enjoyed my transition, and I've REALLY enjoyed my year of naturality!! Here are some pics of my 1st year progress! I went from 4" to now a little past APL????? (let me know). And my goal is WL by 2013!

Thanks for all of the product and regimen recommendations, compliments & encouragement! I truly love this hair board!! Without further delay... :yay:

Big Chop: April 5, 2010

3 months post-BC Length Check (serious mullet!):

6 month post-BC length check:

9 month post-BC length check:

(drum roll please!!)

ONE YEAR NATURAL!!!! :lick:

THANKS FOR LOOKING!!!!!!!!!!! :grin::grin::grin::grin:

AMAKA127

great progress... Im soo scared to straighten my hair!

but i think i'll do it one year post as well

What products did you use to straighten?

andromeda

Great job, diva! :woot: Your hair is gorgeous. What's your reggie?

PS I BCd the same day as you, which reminds me...

Diva_Esq

great progress... Im soo scared to straighten my hair!

but i think i'll do it one year post as well

What products did you use to straighten?

I used Redken Heat Glide and a small bit of Chi Silk Infusion. :) I only straighten for length check/ trim day every 12-14 weeks. Since he barely had to dust any ends this time and said that my ends were excellent, I may wait longer. I'm going to rock this flatty through the weekend and go back to curly girl land on Sunday or Monday. I plan to keep it protective styled Sun-Fri and let it down every Saturday and see how close I can get to BSL by fall. :yep:

Diva_Esq

Great job, diva! :woot: Your hair is gorgeous. What's your reggie?

PS I BCd the same day as you, which reminds me...

Thanks! And yes, time for your update, missy! :)

Regimen: I cowash daily with HE TT or Hydralicious, detangle in the shower with condish in my hair with the TT. Rinse, squeeze out water. While dripping, I put Victoria's Secret So Sexy Nourish Condish in, then Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie for a moisturizer. Lay down my edges with Garnier Fructis Wax and EcoStyler Gel.

I deep condition 1x a week with Joico Moisture Recovery Balm. Protein about once every 3-4 weeks with Giovanni or Affirm 5in1. Shampoo once every 2-3 weeks with whatever my shampoo of the moment is. Sleep with a silk scarf. I only flat iron for length check/ trim day every 12-14 weeks.

Mandy4610

WOW, thats some serious growth righ there. Your ends look so good and your hair looks very healthy. Congrats!

Daeuiel

Cosplay Champ
*takes notes* according to your siggy, you bc'd almost one year post relaxer, so this is almost 2 years of growth & a whoooole lotta retention!!! Great job :yep:

Diva_Esq

I am doing something wrong :perplexed Congratulations! You have done a great job.

:( Don't say that...I'm sure you're gaining length too! :)

*takes notes* according to your siggy, you bc'd almost one year post relaxer, so this is almost 2 years of growth & a whoooole lotta retention!!! Great job :yep:

Yes, ma'am. BC'd at 11 months, 3 days. Then a year's natural progress. I like to list both so people don't think I went from a brush cut to APL in 1 year. I had about 4-5" uneven after my BC. :)

Happy BC to you on April 5th and happy birthday to me...!!! I'll always remember your BC Diva.

Happy belated birthday, hon!!! :D

LilMissSunshine5

Congrats soror! Your hair really flourished...I am BC'ing in 2 months (around 1 year post) and am very excited about it :happydance: Your pics are just more encouragement to make that leap! And THANK YOU for including both dates bc it is important for ppl like me to be able to get a realistic gauge of how long substantial hair growth takes :yep:

Diva_Esq

Congrats soror! Your hair really flourished...I am BC'ing in 2 months (around 1 year post) and am very excited about it :happydance: Your pics are just more encouragement to make that leap! And THANK YOU for including both dates bc it is important for ppl like me to be able to get a realistic gauge of how long substantial hair growth takes :yep:

Can't wait to see your BC, soror!!! I'm sure it'll be FAB! :)