Hardcore Protein Treatment. Do You Before/After Relaxer?

talata

Hi Ladies, looking for your opinions on when is the best time to do a Hardcore Protein Treatment for the best results...

Would u do it one week before or after your relaxer?

lurkersincejan

im still new to this myself but from what I have learned here its best to do both. A week before to strengthen before relaxing and a week after to replenish what was lost during relaxing. Im sure the ladies will correct me if Im wrong

talata

im still new to this myself but from what I have learned here its best to do both. A week before to strengthen before relaxing and a week after to replenish what was lost during relaxing. Im sure the ladies will correct me if Im wrong

Thanks lurkersincejan, that makes sense - Protect before and Fix after - but I'm wondering can both before and after treatments all be the "Hard Protein" treatments of does one have to be mild?

I'm afraid of creating a protein overdose.

MonPetite

I've followed the one week rule for before and after and I've done then right before the relaxer as well as right after. I've also done two in the same day right before AND after the relaxer. :lachen:I was serious about not loosing hair at the time. I always DCed after each and my hair was fine (as a relaxed/texlaxed head).

The one week rule isn't a bad start but you may need to tweak it according to your hair's needs and the type of "heavy/hardcore" treatment you do.

I've added Aphogee Two-step to a DC and used it right after neutralizing for soft AND strong hair. It depends on what works best for you and your hair.:yep:

talata

I've followed the one week rule for before and after and I've done then right before the relaxer as well as right after. I've also done two in the same day right before AND after the relaxer. :lachen:I was serious about not loosing hair at the time. I always DCed after each and my hair was fine (as a relaxed/texlaxed head).

The one week rule isn't a bad start but you may need to tweak it according to your hair's needs and the type of "heavy/hardcore" treatment you do.

I've added Aphogee Two-step to a DC and used it right after neutralizing for soft AND strong hair. It depends on what works best for you and your hair.:yep:

Thanks for the tip, LittleGoldLamb.

I also just found a link to a thread that talks about this in detail in the the Self Relax Support Thread. I has some really good info.

Thought I'd post a link here for any on else looking for an answer.

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=153311&highlight=relaxers

Thanks ladies.