Has anybody ever tried Dark and Lovely shampoo and

MissJ

Has anybody ever tried Dark and Lovely 3-in1 Detangling Conditioning Shampoo and their Corrective Leave-In Condition Therapy? If so, could you please tell me how it worked. I went to buy some new hair products today. I was gonna consult this board before I did it, but I couldn't access it. I don't have damaged hair or anything, but it seems that this is what these products are for. Anybody have any input?

MissJ

The shampoo's ingredients are: Water (Aqua), Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Polysorbate-20, Ammonium Laureth Sulfate, Cocamide DEA, Polyquaterrnium-7, Fragrance, (Parfum), Glycol Stearate, Polyquaterrnium-10, Polyquaterrnium-47, Methychloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Stearic Acid, Tocopheryl Acetate, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Violet-2Cl 60725, Silk Amino Acids. F.I.L. #D2656/2.

*deep breath*

Conditioner:
Water (Aqua), Mineral Oil (Paraffinum Liquidum), C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Chamomile (Anthemics Nobilis) Extract, Slippery Elm (Ulmis Fulva) Bark, Black Walnut (Juglans Nigra) Extract, Polyquaternium-32, Acetamide MEA, Lactamide MEA, Panthenol, Methylparaben, D&C Red No. 33 (Cl 17200), Fragrance.

Phew! I think I need a drink of water right now.

lexi_24

I used to use DarknLovely Detangling Conditioing Shampoo and the Protein Intensive Conditioner during college. I would wash my hair at home and go to the salon for touch-ups. My main reason for using these products were because they were detanglers (and I had not discovered haircare internet boards as yet to help guide me along
). I found the products to be decent, but found that as time increased from my last relaxer, my hair would have more tangles at the end of the washing session. So with eash succeeding wash, I would have more tangles than the previous porducts. I found this a bit frustrating.

I think the products are okay, but I think there are many other superior products. Right now I am using the Keracare shampoo and conditioner and have no tangles at all.

HTH. I have never used the leave-in however.

Armyqt

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
MissJ said:
The shampoo's ingredients are: Water (Aqua), Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Polysorbate-20, Ammonium Laureth Sulfate, Cocamide DEA, Polyquaterrnium-7, Fragrance, (Parfum), Glycol Stearate, Polyquaterrnium-10, Polyquaterrnium-47, Methychloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Stearic Acid, Tocopheryl Acetate, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Violet-2Cl 60725, Silk Amino Acids. F.I.L. #D2656/2.

*deep breath*

Conditioner:
Water (Aqua), Mineral Oil (Paraffinum Liquidum), C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Chamomile (Anthemics Nobilis) Extract, Slippery Elm (Ulmis Fulva) Bark, Black Walnut (Juglans Nigra) Extract, Polyquaternium-32, Acetamide MEA, Lactamide MEA, Panthenol, Methylparaben, D&amp;C Red No. 33 (Cl 17200), Fragrance.

Phew! I think I need a drink of water right now.

[/ QUOTE ]

MissJ, sorry I didn't know you had the conditioner too
. The good thing I noticed about the shampoo is that it does contain some acid in it, which will help balance out your hair's PH. I prefer shampoos with a little more essential oils and carrier oils in it. I'd say, add some olive oil and a few drops of rosemary oil to it so your hair can benefit a little more.

As for the conditioner, I would only add the olive oil or some other carrier oil. I would not do a deep condition with it becuase of the high mineral oil content that it has. It may clog your pores. I would use it strictly as a 2-3 minute conditioner no more than 5, and definitely not with heat. Please give us an update on these products when you try them

MissJ

Armygt, it's a leave-in conditioner. So, you're saying not to leave it in? Maybe I should take this crap back to the store!

I was just looking for something that seemed to be good, smelled good, and was a resonable price. It was also at Wal-Mart, so I didn't have much of a choice. Maybe I should go back to my old VO5 for $1.00.

MissJ

I was also planning on using LeKair Cholesterol conditioner with this. So, I was gonna do the Dark&amp;Lovely shampoo first, then the Lekair condition, and then the Dark&amp;Lovely leave-in conditioner. Does this sound like a good or bad idea?

Titansgirl

Hi Miss J, I have used the shampoo, but my ingredients are a little different then yours. I purchased mine back in Aug '02. It in a pink bottle w/ 3-n-1 Plus printed on the side.

The ingredients that are different than yours are:
Water, Sodium Laureth Sulfate.
I haven't used this shampoo in a while because I'm hooked no shampoo that doesn't have any sulfates in them. I will probably use this shampoo someday in the future for clarifying only. I currently have other clarifiers that I like better than this one. This shampoo did detangle and soften may hair when I used it.

It is a good idea for you to use the cholesterol conditioner after the shampoo because the sulfates might dry out your hair. The conditioner will put the necessary moisture back into your hair. I normally let the cholesterol stay in my hair for about 30 min w/o heat w/ a baggy over my hair. My hair turns out nice everytime. I'm not really sure about the leave-in conditioner?

Armyqt

The leKair conditioner is avery good cholesterol. I just used this on my daughter's hair last week and it moisturized it very well. Since mineral oil is notorious for clogging the pores, I wouldn't use any leave-in that contains it. If you can, take it back to the store. If you can't, I don't see any harm ing using on the length of your hair and rinsing it out. hth

MissJ

Ok, thanks. I have the 3-in-1 Plus. My old VO5 that I've been using for years contains Sodium Lauryl Sulfate. So, all this stuff is bad? What's clarifying for? Do you know of a good shampoo conditioner combination?

Thank you both for the replies. Maybe I should just start a thread of asking for good shampoos and conditioners.

Titansgirl

I normally clarify when I have product buildup in my hair from all of the oils and moisturizers. I'm a faithful user of Creme of Nature shampoo in the green and white bottle w/ the yellow cap. You can find this normally at a super Walmart.

There are already several threads on good shampoos and conditioners. Maybe you should do a search...

CynamonKis

Miss J, I used to routinely use Creme of Nature Detangling Shampoo for Fine hair, followed by Dark &amp; Lovely Detangling conditioner and I loved it really. I would recommend it, especially if you have issues with your hair getting tangled easily after a shampoo, like I did. I never used the Dark &amp; Lovely Corrective leave-in conditioner so please report to us your results.

azul11

Has anyone tried the Dark and Lovely Restore and Repair? Its in a small jar but the ingredients seem good.
God bless you all.

Yarnie

MissJ
I used Dark and Lovely 3-in1 Detangling Conditioning Shampoo last year, and I liked it, it was fine, but now I'm using Cream of Nature and I love it! Much better for my hair...

HTH