Has anyone done something drastic to their hair with no regrets?

B

Bublnbrnsuga

Former relaxed heads, did you shave off your hair, chop off a few inches or transitioned to natural hair on a whim? Former natural heads, did you go and get that relaxer/texturizer and haven't looked back since?

Priss Pot

Makeup + Bench Pressing
Bublnbrnsuga said:
Former relaxed heads, did you shave off your hair, chop off a few inches or transitioned to natural hair on a whim? Former natural heads, did you go and get that relaxer/texturizer and haven't looked back since?

I chopped it off and couldn't have been happier!

guesswho

well I did the big chop! but I aint gonna lie I was depressed at the beginning I was pregnant at the time so maybe that contributed, my face looked strange, I didn't thought I looked pretty, my head looked funny, it was brief though, but as the days went on I LOVED IT! and this is the best my hair have ever been in my whole life, so at the ending it's the best thing I ever did:)

sareca

I chopped a bunch of thin ends off in December 06. It wasn't hard and I don't regret, but I miss my length. :ohwell:

Last edited:

Cichelle

I chopped off over ten inches of my hair to get rid of the relaxed ends. It was hard to get used to it when I did it, but nearly two years later I have NO regrets.

SignatureBeauty

I shaved my head bald with no regrets and I must admit I looked good to! I Looked so good I did it a second time LOL!! But this time I am gonna let it grow out, I was natural both times.

EXSQUISIT

I chopped off a lot of hair when I transitioned to natural, but I love my hair now. Only regret is I want my old length back when my hair is in it's natural state. Shrinkage is something else.

FlyyGyrl

I shaved my relaxed APL hair bald a few weeks ago. I have a little twa now and I love it! I wish I did it two years ago. I love it so much that I am *thinking* about posting pictures, and I am about as paranoid as it gets as far as having my face on the internet. No regrets at all.

Mystic

I did an unexpected BC and since i wasn't planning on going natural prior I had moments of regret a few weeks later. Having natural hair (since it's short) is so low maintenance so I love it. I sometimes miss my relaxed hair and wonder what it would like now at APL.

Katt73

I guess I went in the opposite direction...I cut off my nine year old waist-length locs in March 2006 and got a short, relaxed pixie cut. I miss my length but my time with my locs had run its course.