Has anyone ever tried "The Roots"?

Iamnotmyhair

I just left the beauty supply store after a friend of mine with great hair told me what she uses. She uses all the products made by a company called The Roots. All of their products contain natural oils. I picked up some braid spray and hair grease. Here are the ingredients:

The roots braid sheen and conditioner: Glycerin, Shea Butter, Tea tree oil, Rosemary oil,Purified water, jojoba oil, Aloe Vera, Hydrolyzed Collagen and EDTA and fragrance.

The roots Must grow pomade:Shea butter,olive oil, lanolin, jojoba oil, petrolatum, sulfer, salicylic acid,menthol,sunflower seed oil, australian tea tree oil, Vitamin a,b, d3, Rosemary extract, capsicum and fragrance.

The ingredients sound pretty good, I wanted to get more but I controlled the PRODUCT JUNKIE IN ME:lol: and settled for these two for now. Has anyone else tried this line??

nycutiepie

Iamnotmyhair said:
I just left the beauty supply store after a friend of mine with great hair told me what she uses. She uses all the products made by a company called The Roots. All of their products contain natural oils. I picked up some braid spray and hair grease. Here are the ingredients:

The roots braid sheen and conditioner: Glycerin, Shea Butter, Tea tree oil, Rosemary oil,Purified water, jojoba oil, Aloe Vera, Hydrolyzed Collagen and EDTA and fragrance.

The roots Must grow pomade:Shea butter,olive oil, lanolin, jojoba oil, petrolatum, sulfer, salicylic acid,menthol,sunflower seed oil, australian tea tree oil, Vitamin a,b, d3, Rosemary extract, capsicum and fragrance.

The ingredients sound pretty good, I wanted to get more but I controlled the PRODUCT JUNKIE IN ME:lol: and settled for these two for now. Has anyone else tried this line??

I've never heard of this line and I think the petrolatum is a petroleum derivative so I personally wouldn't use this.

JazzyDez

the must grow pomade looks like it got an ingredient list from this website. :lol: The sulfur, capsicum and vitamins should contribute to the growth though.

I agree about the petrolatum....

Let us know how the products work out for you!

dlewis

nycutiepie said:
I've never heard of this line and I think the petrolatum is a petroleum derivative so I personally wouldn't use this.

I have never had a problem with pertroleum based products.

dlewis

Iamnotmyhair said:

Sounds good maybe once I've finished with some of my other items, I'll try this.

InnerSoul

dlewis said:
I have never had a problem with pertroleum based products.

ITA!!! I personally don't like anything with mineral oil or petroleum/petroletum ingred. however, my ORS moisturizing hair lotion has petroleum in it... and it actually works for my hair since it is so far down on the ingredient list. If it was in the first few listed ingredients then it would make my hair feel stiff (that is why I didn't like perm repair creme lotion,..it left my hair stiff).

I was actually surprised that I liked the ORS because of the petroleum in it.. but so far it is working for my hair and I am not changing the product just b/c it is in the ingredients.. b/c it works for me...but this is just me and my opinion;)

Iamnotmyhair

MsDee4 said:
Can this be bought at Sally's or only the BSS?

I have only seen it at the BSS. I havent seen it at sally's. A lot of the ladies on the board use hair grease which contains petrolatum with good results so I am going to give it a try and let you ladies know. Keep your fingers crossed.:lol: