Has anyone tried Shima Hair Oil?

BlkOnyx488

Ok I had to do some Research on the History of Shima01
Now that I know the WHOLE story
I can be in on the joke.

That's all I have to say I just wanted to get in before the lock you know to be part of history.
better late than never!

Mleah

1. OK, I bought it, I am a PJ supreme. I own my disability...in fact I nurture it when the urge hits! I found it to have a pleasant mild fragrance but way too heavy an oil for my fine hair.
2. I don't think that relaxer video is real because if you've managed to grow your hair that long and some lye hits an already relaxed clump of hair, wouldn't you freak out........a little?
She was too matter of fact and slow. It probably was cholesterol or something. IMO.
3. I will help a sister out... at least once.

TeeWhyAre

:lachen:oh my damn! :dead:

*Frisky*

And the award for best female clown pretending to have a beef on the phone while getting her hair did goes to...........................................

SHIMA!!!!!!!!! :rolleyes:

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

This is another reason why I CAN NOT take this woman seriously..I mean who does that???? When I put my relaxer on, I am focused. It aint nothing to play around with. Get it on and and get it off in the right amount of time and she still had her whole head to finish supposedly. Again, I am still very skeptical. I think the only thing that will convince me at this point is to meet her in person with my magnifying glass and shank in hand:lachen:

SmartyPants

Seriously, I think that relaxer bit was meant to be a dramatization for what happens if you leave a relaxer on too long (as if we don't know) not her actually relaxing her hair.

Shima is Batish crazy!

Yellowflowers

I know this will probably be unpopular but as a former beautician I can pretty much say, that is her real hair. No lacefront looks like that even those that cost $50,000.00 and up.

I was one of those that posted a comment on her video about her derogatory comments on Monistat and calling women dumb asses, letting her know that she shouldn't stoop to that level to advertise her products.

She probably has a lot of anger issues because some black women with long hair have to deal with a lot of negative comments from other black women.

My position is I want to support black businesses as I am tired of supporting Asian an Whites getting rich off of black money pushing black hair products, who don't respect us and could less about us as a people.

You can walk in some of those asian stores and just feel the loathing coming from them.

I am also tired us being labeled as just an ignorant comsumer race of people that gets exploited all the time.

Shima is not perfect but she was big enough to issue an apology about her remarks. If anyone is big enough to issue an apology, I'm big enough to accept.

She just needs to get better at her marketing strategy.

Last edited:

ladytee2

I agree with you as well. Im not an expert but I think that is her hair. I think she is falsely advertising that oil though. Who better to advertise a "miracle" product to grow hair than someone with long hair. We all know oil is not moisturizing anything. I think she is some kind of Spanish/African decent with 3 something hair. I think if we saw her baby and youth pictures she has probably always had long hair. But I will also say I think she is batty as a fruit cake.

I know this will probably be unpopular but as a former beautician I can pretty much say, that is her real hair. No lacefront looks like that even those that cost $50,000.00 and up.

I was one of those that posted a comment on her video about her derogatory comments on Monistat and calling women dumb asses, letting her know that she shouldn't stoop to that level to advertise her products.

She probably has a lot of anger issues because some black women with long hair have to deal with a lot of negative comments from other black women.

My position is I want to support black businesses as I am tired of supporting Asian an Whites getting rich off of black money pushing black hair products, who don't respect us and could less about us as a people.

You can walk in some of those asian stores and just feel the loathing coming from them.

I am also tired us being labeled as just an ignorant comsumer race of people that gets exploited all the time.

Shima is not perfect but she was big enough to issue an apology about her remarks. If anyone is big enough to issue an apology, I'm big enough to accept.

Yellowflowers

I agree with you as well. Im not an expert but I think that is her hair. I think she is falsely advertising that oil though. Who better to advertise a "miracle" product to grow hair than someone with long hair. We all know oil is not moisturizing anything. I think she is some kind of Spanish/African decent with 3 something hair. I think if we saw her baby and youth pictures she has probably always had long hair. But I will also say I think she is batty as a fruit cake.

I can see your point as well. She does seem kind of off beat.:lachen:

Neith

Forget the fact that it wasnt really a relaxer that she put on:rolleyes:
but....... What the heck is she wearing???

I know!!!!!

Now I'm generally not a very catty person... don't really talk about people's clothes. UNLESS it's something like this. I expected someone to say something about it earlier though. lol!

In the beginning she had THE NERVE to have on a hat and shades with that outfit. :rofl:

Oh gosh, please forgive me for posting this one...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sWe0DJUXPrk&feature=channel_page

tocktick

My position would have been the same as yours were it not for the fact she tried to scam the same black people who are supposed to support her.

There is quite a back-story to Shima on LHCF and it is really so unfortunate. It is clear from old threads that she initially had a lot of people giving her kudos for being a business woman and doing her thing. Yet she decided to pay people back by falsely saying they endorsed her products by taking people's comments out of context and making them seem like testimonials on her website. That is all down to pure greed. As demonstrated by folks on this board who have gone on to create their own hair-orientated businesses, more often than not LHCF is very supportive.

Shima's reputation on this board has a lot to do with YouTube but her history here means people aren't so quick to jump to her defence and any thing that's even mildly questionable is given the auto side-eye. She does things time and time again that diminish her already non-existent credibility.

CurlyMoo

I know!!!!!

Now I'm generally not a very catty person... don't really talk about people's clothes. UNLESS it's something like this. I expected someone to say something about it earlier though. lol!

In the beginning she had THE NERVE to have on a hat and shades with that outfit. :rofl:

Oh gosh, please forgive me for posting this one...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sWe0DJUXPrk&feature=channel_page

Not to mention the talking teddy bear. :spinning: She's just clowning in front of the camera.

CurlyMoo

The fact that she gives great haircare advice keeps me on the fence about her hair. Much of what she says it very true. I wish I could have seen her comments about Monistat just the backlash alone had to be hootnanny. :lachen: :lachen:

jetbeauty09

Put me down for believing its her hair. I think there are some haters out there that are too skeptical. She is pretty wacky but hey, who isn't on Youtube?
. Yes, I have a channel on Youtube...lol

CurlyMoo

Put me down for believing its her hair. I think there are some haters out there that are too skeptical. She is pretty wacky but hey, who isn't on Youtube?
. Yes, I have a channel on Youtube...lol

I want to believe it's her hair and I did believe it till I watched a recent video. I don't hate Shima. I wish her success and I think she gives good advice. Out of all the Black women on youtube with hair as long as Shima's she is the one that people question. There is a reason for that.

*Frisky*

My position would have been the same as yours were it not for the fact she tried to scam the same black people who are supposed to support her.

There is quite a back-story to Shima on LHCF and it is really so unfortunate. It is clear from old threads that she initially had a lot of people giving her kudos for being a business woman and doing her thing. Yet she decided to pay people back by falsely saying they endorsed her products by taking people's comments out of context and making them seem like testimonials on her website. That is all down to pure greed. As demonstrated by folks on this board who have gone on to create their own hair-orientated businesses, more often than not LHCF is very supportive.

Shima's reputation on this board has a lot to do with YouTube but her history here means people aren't so quick to jump to her defence and any thing that's even mildly questionable is given the auto side-eye. She does things time and time again that diminish her already non-existent credibility.

This pretty much sums it up...maybe her hair is real..kudos to her if it is. I don't think people are hating on Shima AT ALL..she uses this term from time to time which amuses me for several reasons but honestly, I don't even have the desire to to have that much hair, it seems like it is a headache to deal with.

Mizz Diamonds

Actually I've seen a child photo of her she her hair type seems to be in the 4s or maybe 3c?

Neith

This pretty much sums it up...maybe her hair is real..kudos to her if it is. I don't think people are hating on Shima AT ALL..she uses this term from time to time which amuses me for several reasons but honestly, I don't even have the desire to to have that much hair, it seems like it is a headache to deal with.

Actually before this thread I thought her hair was real without question. And she does give good advice for the most part.

I thought she was a little nutty, but I didn't hold it against her. I'm a lil crazy in my own way too, I didn't really think too much about it.

Now... I dunno. I feel a little differently :lol:

After taking a closer look at her showing her scalp and her relaxing her hair, it does look suspect.

Plus you put yourself out there cursing and acting crazy, and dressed up funny... what do you expect? :lachen:

I would like to have long hair one day, but I don't hate on other people who have it already. Like someone else said... there are a bucnch of other ladies around with long hair and they don't have so much controversy surrounding them.

TeeWhyAre

It's something bout Shima! I'm sorry, Hiroshima, it's YOU.

Chicoro has long hair, Sweet Cashew, Sylver2, Macherieamor, PinkSkates, DSylla, Traycee, FlowerHair... these are all black women with crazy long hair, some longer than Shima's, that get mad love around here. We respect these women and the knowledge possess and the inspiration they provide to show that with proper care & patience black women can have long hair, too.

Shima doesn't get that respect. Not here & not on the 4 other hair boards that she's burned bridges with. It's not because she's Afro-Cuban, it's not because we're mean jealous b!tches, it's because Shima is not respected 'round here. Some folks have forgiven her shady past but they haven't forgotten it.

I'm all about supporting black owned. I buy my products from the black owned Shades of Africa in Long Beach, CA which ONLY sells products made by black-owned companies. I support Stephanie Suthers & her hairobics. I buy fair trade unrefined shea butter. But I can not in good faith support a business with bad business practices just because it is black-owned.

I will give her the benefit of the doubt and say maybe it is her hair. None of us will ever know. But her hair oil didn't make it grow. I, personally, wish Hiroshima nothing but health & wealth. Most of this thread was in jest and not from a place of hate. I don't hate anyone.

Last thing before I go into lurk mode or this thread gets the lock:

Some of y'all gon' make me put myself on LHCF time out bcuz I can't be over here :lachen: at work like this!

Last edited:

Je Ne Sais Quoi

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

This is another reason why I CAN NOT take this woman seriously..I mean who does that???? When I put my relaxer on, I am focused. It aint nothing to play around with. Get it on and and get it off in the right amount of time and she still had her whole head to finish supposedly. Again, I am still very skeptical. I think the only thing that will convince me at this point is to meet her in person with my magnifying glass and shank in hand:lachen:

See, this is how I know you ignant :lachen::lachen::lachen:

Neith

:shocked:

I was on youtube while I'm twisting my hair. I usually do watch hair vids while I twist my hair to pass the time. Anyways, since shima was fresh in my mind, I decided to watch some of her vids.

Does this look suspect to anyone else? :perplexed

Link to the vid...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R3f9uKjHli4&feature=channel

I paused at 3:38

Lord, forgive me. but if it's true, that's not right.

If it's just me, I apologize. I may be wrong...

Duchesse

:shocked:

I was on youtube while I'm twisting my hair. I usually do watch hair vids while I twist my hair to pass the time. Anyways, since shima was fresh in my mind, I decided to watch some of her vids.

Does this look suspect to anyone else? :perplexed

Link to the vid...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R3f9uKjHli4&feature=channel

I paused at 3:38

Lord, forgive me. but if it's true, that's not right.

If it's just me, I apologize. I may be wrong...

After watching some of her vids, I have no doubt that her hair is her hair. I'm not seeing what some of you are seeing that looks supsect.

With that being said...that lady is off the chain hilarious! Unintentionally, she always cracks me up with her strangeness. Did anyone see her nappy roots video when her comb got stuck in the roots? She is very off, but I enjoy it.