Has anyone heard of folliculitis dermatitis?

LongCurlyLocks

I know I have been posting all over this board lately but I am just besides myself on what to do with my hair. You can read the latest threads I've made and I have also posted in the thinking out loud thread and the locs support thread to get a better idea of what's going on. But anywhoo, does anyone know about this? I read up on it online but what I found doesn't give many natural options. All they talk about is a topical steroid cream. Maybe I am missing something. I am hoping you all had some answers for me. Thanks.

Last edited:

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
I "think" my Cousin had that??? I "think" the Dermatologist told her it came from chemical damage from Relaxers.

They did a Biopsy on her and also prescribed her some type of Topical Crème. This was years ago, but she fully recovered from it by extremely babying her hair.

I think she did Wigs for a while to work etc...and came home and got busy.

She was able to reverse it, but she did use whatever they prescribed to her in conjunction with her own Hair Treatments.

But it did take time.

Last edited:

LongCurlyLocks

Im going to the other dermatologist for my biopsy. In the meantime, I'm going to try the cream and some other remedies suggested by others on the board my oil mix and Bantu knots as a protective style. My mother suggested it saying a coworker of hers did it and her hair grew. So will will see. I will try to keep you all posted.

mshoneyfly

When I was researching black current and rosehip seed oil, I thought I saw something about borage oil for folliculitis.

I LOVE this HHJ!!

virtuenow

You can check out a thread I started on my "Komaza Analysis Breakthrough". The title is something like that. I recount my experience w/deep folliculitis and the topical/oral treatments I used. Colloidal Silver was the main one, I believe.

LongCurlyLocks

Ok, so I've thought about it and even though the dreads are calling me, I'm going to hold off, get the biopsy and the results and go from there. In the meantime I'm going to go back to babying my hair with my oils-might pick up that Liquid Gold bald spot treatment and do natural low maintenance styles. I can't use that topical crap the dermatologist gave me it is too greasy and it has mineral oil in it (huh?). I jumped on the Waist Length 2015 challenge so maybe that will inspire me. I will let you all know how it goes on the 9th.

LongCurlyLocks

Well guess what? I can't go back to this dermatologist, she no longer accepts my insurance. The appointment was tomorrow. Now I have to start over... Can't win for losing.

LongCurlyLocks

Well since my last post I have found out that I am anemic. I am on an iron supplement. This may have a lot to do with my thinning but I am still going to try an find a dermatologist to rule out the scalp disorder.