Has anyone heard of French Layering?

sweetpeadst

I am a layered girl and I love my layers. I was passing by a hair salon in Atlanta called Siggers and on the sign on the wall it said "Specializing in French Layers"
Has anyone ever heard of this technique and what is the difference from regular layers?

kitchen_tician

I'm also a layered girl and absolutely love layers. I've never heard of french layers, but I am very interested in finding out. Maybe we can call the salon. Where is the salon located in Atlanta?

sweetpeadst

kitchen_tician said:
I'm also a layered girl and absolutely love layers. I've never heard of french layers, but I am very interested in finding out. Maybe we can call the salon. Where is the salon located in Atlanta?

The salon is on Northlake Pkwy across the street from Target and behind the car rental place I want to say that is Budget. I called them and asked she (the receptionist) said that it is more of a softer look more precise. She said the difference is American Layers start at the bottom and cut up where as French they start from the top. It is a white salon I went in there one time and didn't see not one black person in site (but far as haircutting I prefer to let a white persn cut my hair)

sweetpeadst

your welcome i love my layers b/c i get more variety with my styles like my flip (as you can see in my album) but also my hair is thick and my hair is lifeless w/o them

Chinagem

They are cut backwards? :crazy: I hope it doesn't end up having your head look like a mullet. For some reason, that's what I'm picturing.

myco

Chinagem said:
They are cut backwards? :crazy: I hope it doesn't end up having your head look like a mullet. For some reason, that's what I'm picturing.

It sounds interesting, but I can't really picture it either. I really want to see it done. I was thinking about getting layers this year.