Has anyone used dry shampoo??

cdawnlewis

I straightened my hair this past Monday, and I need it to stay nice until this weekend. The problem is, I am a natural and I don't like straightening more than once a week. My hair gets pretty oily within a couple of days and I was wondering if anyone used a dry shampoo to refresh your scalp?? If so, which one? I don't want my hair to get wet and curly again yet...

Sondice

Yo lol I was just about to ask this same question. Im traveling soon and need a good dry shampoo too.

darlingdiva

I have the Oscar Blandi Pronto dry shampoo, and I use it from time to time. It's a pretty good quick fix for refreshing the hair.

Bublin

I read somewhere that there is now a dry BLACK shampoo as what is currently available can leave dandruff looking particles behind. I just can't remember who makes it.

I've used a powder one from Oscar Blandi and a spray one from Batiste which has alcohol. Both need to be brushed THOROUGHLY though hair preferably with a natural bristle brush or you'll have white residue. The Batiste from Sally's is much cheaper and works better for me. It really cleans the scalp. I don't think any dry shampoo is good for frequent use, I think it's better as an occasional desperate measure lol. I only used it when I visited home and didn't want to waste time washing and flat ironing...

Bublin, I'd stay away from black dry shampoo because if you sweat it could be bad lol. I think black powder residue seems stranger than white powder which could be baby powder, what would black residue be lol?

Last edited:

ilah

When I had micros in i would use ORS dry shampoo for cleansing (as full on washing was a bit difficult for me). I have never used it on my hair when it was not braided. It has a gel consitancy to it so it may make hair "revert" - I wounldn't know thogh...Sorry

zamaih

I also have Oscar Blandi dry shampoo, you can get a small size from Sephora. I think it was about 12 dollars. It works ok, but honestly I think you can get the same results by using baby powder.

janda

I've used Ojon Rub Out and liked it a lot. The only thing I don't like us that sometimes the nozzle gets clogged.

Kindheart

Hmmm, that sounds interesting. I might try that. I remember years ago putting potpourri in my hair for a while to scent it :look: Why didn't I think of ground cinnamon!?
LOL .I ve heard it all ..
Dry shampoo is fine i would definetley avoid using baby powder or atleast use a minimal quantity to avoid white roots(guilty of charge)I use Klorane dry shampoo its very very gentle and get rid of the oil without making your hair feeling cakey .