Has your hair texture ever changed? Was the change permanent?

gymfreak336

I asked for pics of 3'c hair and that did confirm that I had 3c hair in my crown. However, my hair hasn't always been like this.

I talked to my parents, my father was even looking at my scalp and my hair texture has changed. I pulled out photo's of my natural hair as a child, I also found a pic from one summer when I was natural in middle school. My hair has never looked like this.

Today, after my first class, I even went to the lady that did my first ever relaxer. She also said my hair never looked like this. She actually said something about it as soon as I walked into the room. Before I could even tell her why I stopped by she said my hair looked different.

Looking at my pics and from my mothers response, I have true curl definition right now. They range from coffee stirrer sized curls to pen sized curls. I think I have more waveage (if that is even a word) up front.

What can cause hair texture changes? I don't have any current medical issues. I haven't changed my vitamin regime. If anything I have been slacking on them a little more now. I am not taking MSM currently or any other sulfur rich supplement. I don't know what happened.

Has this happened to you? When? Did it change for good? Do you know WHY it changed?

Neala21

Yes mines changed a little after I turned 21. so just a year ago this happened. It has been permanent. I love my texture before and after the change. The changes weren't overly drastic. Like I found certain areas of my hair the textured loosened up or became a bit tighter.

I noticed it when products that used to work for certain areas of my hair didn't work any longer. I looked back at my many pictures of the hair and had it confirmed that indeed my hair texture had changed. I love it!

JustKiya

My hair changed when I hit puberty - the coils got much tighter - I had 'fuzzy' hair when I was a baby, but I developed 'coils'.....

bellebebe

My hair's always been coarse and rough. However, it's getting a lot stronger and soft. I would say I feel a change but It's gradually taking place. I've yet to see a full transformation.

Zabrinnna

It is true and scientific that hair changes with age, as often eye color chance in babies. Strange as it seems but I have noticed from some white friends that their hair color changed from blond to dark brown. Even more dramatic is the changes that happen with women with thyroid problems or iron dificencies.

Often the biggest change in hair texture is between young babies to toodlers that is when the true texture develops. Most of the time changes in hair texture is a normal part of change in hormones and growing older.

onejamifan

My hair texture seems to have changed over the past couple of years. My hair seems thinner and my new growth is super soft but I miss my thick strands...

gymfreak336

Yes mines changed a little after I turned 21. so just a year ago this happened. It has been permanent. I love my texture before and after the change. The changes weren't overly drastic. Like I found certain areas of my hair the textured loosened up or became a bit tighter.

I noticed it when products that used to work for certain areas of my hair didn't work any longer. I looked back at my many pictures of the hair and had it confirmed that indeed my hair texture had changed. I love it!

:lol: I am about to be 22 so maybe that is a part of it.....

hothair

Well my sister's texture seems to have changed quite a bit (she's in her 20s) I don't know if its that its never been this well looked after but it is a lot softer and with a more defined curl pattern, mine's not quite as noticeable maybe because I colour and texlax:look: whichever way I'm pleased with it...