Hat Wearing Sistah's - Protect Those Edges

mscocoface

Okay, I know some of us are new here and some are vets. :grin:

We are going into the summer months and I want to warn those who are going to wear hats this summer, particularly those with weak edges, please please, pretty please protect them before you put the hat on.

I learned this the hard way a few years back. I have to place some type of material around my edges before I can wear a hat or my hair will break. It is just that simple.

So I have purchased some silk scarves, wide stretchy head bands and other material to cover my edges or my whole head when I wear my summer bonnets. I wear hats a lot in the summer, especially when I am gardening.

Just wanted to give a tip for the summer and save someone from learning this the hard way.

Have a wonderful summer too.:yep:

naijamerican

Great tip; thanks for sharing. :yep: I think it's easier to forget these things in the summer time than in the winter, when we know that wool caps will definitely eat up those edges. :yep:

guyanesesista

I was thinking about doing this earlier today and I was just telling my friend to do that earlier today too. I have to remember to do this though, my edges are questionable.

mscocoface

Yep, I tried it for about 10 minutes when I was out in the garden the other week and I pulled it off and went into the house and got my scarf.

My edges don't play, when they are stressed with wearing a hat and the work I was doing out in the garden that night I would have seen the damage and had no one to blame but myself.

I wear hats almost everyday in the summer, I love hats but I know I need to protect those edges if I want to keep the hairline that I have.