Have not posted in forever.... But - Hair updates....

Lucky's Mom

Hello all!
I rarely post anymore... but I thought some of the vets might want to see where my hair is these days. I don't take progress pics anymore.... and I really don't flat iron often because of my intense workout schedule... I have lost over 60 pounds and looking to lose 25 more or so.

But - I hope these are an inspiration to those who are growing out their natural locks!

ETA: HOW I DID IT I Shampooed with Etae Shampoo ( My only shampoo) Deep conditioned with Oyin Handmade Honey Hemp conditioner ( the only condish I use.... I only have 2 in my stash these days), rinsed with Aloe Vera gel & coconut oil mix...... blow dry with FHI Ceramic Dryer......used Turn up the Heat serum while blow Drying......Flat Ironed with FHI Runway..... :look: NO one touches my hair - but me! :yep:

I was soo grateful that my hair came out so beautifully for my 10 year aniversary Party!

Smooches!:lick:

Attachments

• sam & mere.jpg
    sam & mere.jpg
    116.8 KB · Views: 679
  • sam n cj.jpg
    sam n cj.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 682
  • sam n dj.jpg
    sam n dj.jpg
    108.3 KB · Views: 643
  • sam n lins.jpg
    sam n lins.jpg
    121.2 KB · Views: 623
  • sammalamma.jpg
    sammalamma.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 606
Last edited:

brownsugarbaby

Congrats on your weight loss!! I wouldn't consider myself a veteran but I remember you from a while ago. Your hair is uber pretty. Keep up the good work.

Lucky's Mom

Why you aint been posting on this here board?

Well, to be honest.... I think I got slammed with finishing my MA, and I started a healthy Living journey on June 1, 2010... so that consumed my attention. I started cornrowing my hair - and Working out.... running half marathons.... and focusing on total health - not just hair....

We also lost my beloved dad in February.....And Facebook is where I hang most of the time!

So lots going on!
:yep::yep::yep:

I really use about 5 things to keep my hair in good shape... I don't fawn over it much. I think the workouts have really helped it to thrive - without me doing much of anything....

Je Ne Sais Quoi

Well, to be honest.... I think I got slammed with finishing my MA, and I started a healthy Living journey on June 1, 2010... so that consumed my attention. I started cornrowing my hair - and Working out.... running half marathons.... and focusing on total health - not just hair....

We also lost my beloved dad in February.....And Facebook is where I hang most of the time!

So lots going on!
:yep::yep::yep:

I really use about 5 things to keep my hair in good shape... I don't fawn over it much. I think the workouts have really helped it to thrive - without me doing much of anything....

Very inspirational!!!!! And I'm sorry about the loss of your dad. I hope you stick around :)

FearfullyMade

Looking good, keep up the good work:) I need to really get results, you need to post in the health section and tell us how you eat and what your workout routine is :)

Leeda.the.Paladin

Wow you look like a different person without the extra weight! Just beautiful! And your hair looks great too! Sorry to hear about your father's passing. Welcome back!

ryanshope

Ah u look so good :) Congrats on the weightloss and your hair is stunning! Love to see M.I.A members doing well!!!

Chicoro

5 Year Shea Anniversary: Started Dec 16th, 2016!
Beautiful hair! Skin is glowing! You can tell you have made some internal, organic from the cell level changes. You look great! Good to see you.