Uh Oh, New Discovery Ceramic (Hana Elite) vs. Titanium/tourm (FHI Platform)l

winona

I so don't need this thread right now. I wanted to flat iron my hair to get some versatility but now I want a titanium tourmaline iron:/

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

winona

What temp are you all using? I tried 260 awhile back and it seems to get my less kinky hair straight and 300 was perfect for my crown:)

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

ETA with 2 passes

ronie

I love the babyliss pro nano titanium reviews. 4.5 out of 815 reviews on amazon, and 4.5 out of 129 reviews on folica. I requested the Hana titanium cause it's more expensive:look:.
My problem with the Hana titanium is that all the online reviews are from bloggers to whom the iron was sent for free for review by Missiko. I am not totally convinced.

fluffyforever

I read this thread and decided to try a titanium flat iron. I just bought a Babyliss Pro Titanium Nano and I can't wait for it to arrive!

I currently have the Hana Elite and agree that although it straightens well, it really crushes the strands and my ends always look flat or crispy, even on low temp settings. And I never get than hair flipping swang I see other naturals get when I know I don't have product weighing my hair down. Hopefully this will solve my problems so I can wear my hair straight more often.

In the past, tried a Sedu ceramic/tourmaline mix and a ceramic Chi. I liked the Hana more and gave these away.

VinDieselsWifey

I used my Hana titanium yesterday. The softness & shine were the same as the Hana elite but my hair seemed a lot fluffier & thick with the titanium.

Please excuse the raggedy ends on all the pics. I trimmed afterward.

This is my hair with the elite:
image-857619471.jpg

image-1208840449.jpg

I don't know how to rotate these pics from my phone. Sorry

This is my hair with the titanium:

Freshly washed hair no product
image-3740725826.jpg

image-3974737498.jpg

Ponytail rollerset to stretch out my hair
image-133121709.jpg

image-109391519.jpg

image-1129254009.jpg

Straight hair
image-1538355849.jpg

image-3600922207.jpg

image-361796931.jpg

I used the iron on the setting between 370 & 450. I did two passes using a straightening brush.

I like this iron but I miss my texlaxed hair. My natural hair is too much work FOR ME. I plan to texturize around the end of next year.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using LHCF

Last edited: